Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantknitter

HAVE: my newcastle have list --finally

plantknitter
17 years ago

Ok here are some of the things that are potted I can bring if anyone wants them.

I have lots more I can dig, but the time factor is not too good, but ask anyway.

Frank and I are both coming.

Have we gotten directions yet? It is this Sat the 23rd, right? (not the 16th?)

Lonicera ciliosa--native honeysuckle

Plieoblastus viridistriatus--dwarf variegated bamboo

Duchesnia indica--false indian strawberry

Saxifraga 'London Pride'

Alchemilla mollis- lady's mantle

Astrantia major- mostly white or very pale pink

Crocosmia -orange

ordinary siberian iris

Sambucus 'guincho purple' -1

Euphorbia characias

Euphorbia griffithii

Clematis recta purpurea - 1

various other hardy geraniums

various other saxifragas

If you email back, please use: jbracik AT msn DOT com

thanks, PNWJudy

Oh, and there was something I wanted in trade, but I can't remember what it is right now.

Comments (19)

• treepalm
    17 years ago

Hello Judy,
    I am interested in your Clematis recta purpurea, Euphorbia griffithii, and various other hardy geraniums. What can I bring you?
    Teresa

• albabela
    17 years ago

Oh, oh, the dwarf bamboo please! Does it spread - doesn't matter, that's what containers are for.
    Judy, what can I bring for you?
    -Shilpa

• ruth1
    17 years ago

I'd love the Sambucus. And maybe some of the saxifragas. Thanks.

• sweetflowers
    17 years ago

I would like to have the honey suckle and Euphorbia characias. Take a look at my have list and let me know if you are interested.

Sangeeta

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

Lonicera ciliosa, please!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! (I'm a good beggar)

• treepalm
    17 years ago

Oh, I would like a Lonicera ciliosa, too, please! Missed it the first time. Yes, the trade is the 23rd.
    Teresa

• lauraann
    17 years ago

Hi Judy, please consider me for even a tiny pc. of Plieoblastus. I'm very keen on Euphorbias lately too.

I have hundreds more plants than I have listed so please lmk what you might be looking for and I'll check around the garden for something to tempt you with.

Laura

• madhu
    17 years ago

Can I have the Crocosmia and some saxifragas if you have left please? Let me know if you want anything from my small tradelist I am put together.
    ~ Madhu

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Hi Judy I would be interested in any saxifrages you have potted up. Also would it be possible to get a cutting from your clematis purpurea and I will try and root it. Please check my trade list and let me know what I can bring you. Thanks! Karen

• plantknitter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok --some of the saxifrages and Hardy geraniums will be in flats to help yourselves.
    otherwise I have you all down for these;--

Ruth--Sambucus, Lonicera, Saxifrages
    Teresa--Clematis recta, Euphorbia griffithii, Lonicera, geraniums,
    Shilpa--bamboo
    Doris--Lonicera
    Laura--Bamboo, Euphorbia(s) Hydrangea 'Mandshurica' cutting if I can find a reasonable piece from the small plant.
    Madhu--Crocosmia, saxifrages
    Karen--Saxifragas, Clematis purpurea cutting ,gallon pots, and a surprise

• lauraann
    17 years ago

Woohoo! Thank you Judy. Please don't worry about the cutting too much, I'm very happy with the others!
    Now, how about a few hints of plants you are looking for.
    Laura

• treepalm
    17 years ago

Thanks, Judy! Now about those hints...
    Teresa

• plantknitter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hmmm......What do I need.......

How about some help coming over and helping me decide where to plant what I have, and then helping yourself to more from here??

Hint, Hint...?

Seriously though, (but the above is serious too),
    the PUD came through and i had to dig a lot of my front border out, more died where they dug and what i dug in the heat of summer also died.

So I have to redo the whole front--it was time anyway.
    I lost a beautiful Carex testacea --orange sedge and some golden oregano so a start of those whould be great.
    and I think I asked for some mint from someone.

• treepalm
    17 years ago

I have variegated pineapple mint and candy mint, as well as regular mint that I am tearring out right now. Any of those sound good?
    Teresa

• plantknitter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'd just like some mint that I can use for cooking, isn't there mint in some greek flavorings, and how about mojitos?, I guess it's the kind with smooth, not hairy, leaves--is that peppermint?

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

Hi Judy, thanks for the goodies. I have golden oregano that I could bring you. Anything else? Thanks! Karen

• lauraann
    17 years ago

Hi Judy,
    I have a Carex testacea for you. I'll bring a surprise too.
    Laura

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

I'm probably too late but would love astrantia if you have any left. Hopefully I will have something you need! Thanks
    Susan

• bejoy2
    17 years ago

I'm new to the GardenWeb, but I have been to several trades with my Mom, Marie (Bejoy). I don't have a lot to trade - it's mostly my Mom that does the trading, and I get a lot of stuff from her. But she doesn't have the native honeysuckle, and I would love some! I have been trying to propagate it from cuttings from my neighbor's yard, without luck. I have yucca, filbert tree seedlings, a couple of young cedar trees, red hot pokers, and not much more.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz