Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: my newcastle have list --finally

Posted by plantknitter 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 20, 06 at 13:17

Ok here are some of the things that are potted I can bring if anyone wants them.
I have lots more I can dig, but the time factor is not too good, but ask anyway.
Frank and I are both coming.
Have we gotten directions yet? It is this Sat the 23rd, right? (not the 16th?)

Lonicera ciliosa--native honeysuckle
Plieoblastus viridistriatus--dwarf variegated bamboo
Duchesnia indica--false indian strawberry
Saxifraga 'London Pride'
Alchemilla mollis- lady's mantle
Astrantia major- mostly white or very pale pink
Crocosmia -orange
ordinary siberian iris
Sambucus 'guincho purple' -1
Euphorbia characias
Euphorbia griffithii
Clematis recta purpurea - 1
various other hardy geraniums
various other saxifragas

If you email back, please use: jbracik AT msn DOT com
thanks, PNWJudy

Oh, and there was something I wanted in trade, but I can't remember what it is right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: my newcastle have list --finally

Hello Judy,
I am interested in your Clematis recta purpurea, Euphorbia griffithii, and various other hardy geraniums. What can I bring you?
Teresa

o

Oh, oh, the dwarf bamboo please! Does it spread - doesn't matter, that's what containers are for.
Judy, what can I bring for you?
-Shilpa

o

I'd love the Sambucus. And maybe some of the saxifragas. Thanks.

o

I would like to have the honey suckle and Euphorbia characias. Take a look at my have list and let me know if you are interested.

Sangeeta

o

Lonicera ciliosa, please!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! (I'm a good beggar)

o

Oh, I would like a Lonicera ciliosa, too, please! Missed it the first time. Yes, the trade is the 23rd.
Teresa

o

Hi Judy, please consider me for even a tiny pc. of Plieoblastus. I'm very keen on Euphorbias lately too.

I have hundreds more plants than I have listed so please lmk what you might be looking for and I'll check around the garden for something to tempt you with.

Laura

o

Can I have the Crocosmia and some saxifragas if you have left please? Let me know if you want anything from my small tradelist I am put together.
~ Madhu

o

Hi Judy I would be interested in any saxifrages you have potted up. Also would it be possible to get a cutting from your clematis purpurea and I will try and root it. Please check my trade list and let me know what I can bring you. Thanks! Karen

o

Ok --some of the saxifrages and Hardy geraniums will be in flats to help yourselves.
otherwise I have you all down for these;--

Ruth--Sambucus, Lonicera, Saxifrages
Teresa--Clematis recta, Euphorbia griffithii, Lonicera, geraniums,
Shilpa--bamboo
Doris--Lonicera
Laura--Bamboo, Euphorbia(s) Hydrangea 'Mandshurica' cutting if I can find a reasonable piece from the small plant.
Madhu--Crocosmia, saxifrages
Karen--Saxifragas, Clematis purpurea cutting ,gallon pots, and a surprise

o

Woohoo! Thank you Judy. Please don't worry about the cutting too much, I'm very happy with the others!
Now, how about a few hints of plants you are looking for.
Laura

o

Thanks, Judy! Now about those hints...
Teresa

o

Hmmm......What do I need.......

How about some help coming over and helping me decide where to plant what I have, and then helping yourself to more from here??

Hint, Hint...?

Seriously though, (but the above is serious too),
the PUD came through and i had to dig a lot of my front border out, more died where they dug and what i dug in the heat of summer also died.

So I have to redo the whole front--it was time anyway.
I lost a beautiful Carex testacea --orange sedge and some golden oregano so a start of those whould be great.
and I think I asked for some mint from someone.

o

I have variegated pineapple mint and candy mint, as well as regular mint that I am tearring out right now. Any of those sound good?
Teresa

o

I'd just like some mint that I can use for cooking, isn't there mint in some greek flavorings, and how about mojitos?, I guess it's the kind with smooth, not hairy, leaves--is that peppermint?

o

Hi Judy, thanks for the goodies. I have golden oregano that I could bring you. Anything else? Thanks! Karen

o

Hi Judy,
I have a Carex testacea for you. I'll bring a surprise too.
Laura

o

I'm probably too late but would love astrantia if you have any left. Hopefully I will have something you need! Thanks
Susan

o

I'm new to the GardenWeb, but I have been to several trades with my Mom, Marie (Bejoy). I don't have a lot to trade - it's mostly my Mom that does the trading, and I get a lot of stuff from her. But she doesn't have the native honeysuckle, and I would love some! I have been trying to propagate it from cuttings from my neighbor's yard, without luck. I have yucca, filbert tree seedlings, a couple of young cedar trees, red hot pokers, and not much more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here