Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: for Lake Tapps trade-honeysuckle

Posted by treepalm z8WA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 15, 04 at 13:36

My friend was trimming her honeysuckle and found some areas that had rooted. She potted them up for the trade. They may be 'Halls'.

She is looking for:

Aster - Monch
Baptista australis
Deep blue delphinium
Chinese bellflower (Platycodon) blue or double blue
Russian sage - Longin, Little Spire
Dahila any
Turf Lily grass
Sedge Grass
Carolina Jasmine
Clematis - aramandii, Jackmanii, Niobe, the President, Sweet Autumn, Elsa Spath
Cranesbill Geranium - Brookside, Rozanne, Nimbus, Johnson Blue
Hydrangea - Annabelle, Peegee Grandiflora
Japanese painted Fern
Lilies - Asiatic, oriental(Casa Blanca)
Lily of the valley
Crocosmia -Lucifer
Bleeding heart
Euphorbia polychroma

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: for Lake Tapps trade-honeysuckle

Can anyone tell me how to take a cutting and root a honey suckle for a container? FLOW.

o
RE: HAVE: for Lake Tapps trade-honeysuckle

Flow
If you have the honeysuckle, just take a container with some good potting soil in it, bend a young branch or two down onto it, let the tips of the branch stick up, make sure you get a node or two into the dirt, set a rock on top of the portion in the dirt, and wait for it to root.
You can dip the section that will be in the soil into some rooting hormone to help get started.

Layering is much more successful than cuttings for me.
If you need to take cuttings, dip the end of the cuttings in the rooting hormone and place in the soil. You will need to keep the cuttings humid. I often place a plastic bag over them.
See the propagation forum FACs for more info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here