Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: For Issaquah

Posted by Doris_J Z8 WA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 05 at 14:12

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one out here, but, here goes!

Does anyone want any Leycesteria formosa (Himalayan Honeysuckle) for the Issaquah trade? I've got lots of babies, but I'm not going to pot up any unless someone wants them. Here are pics:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: For Issaquah

I'm here, but I already have one!
Teresa

o

Dear Doris,

I got a seedling of Himalayan honeysuckle a couple of years ago and it's grown well. Does it propagate from dropped seed? Cuttings? Does it volunteer, or should I deliberately sow it in pots? I'd like to grow more of it.

If you are coming to the GreenElephant in Nov at the church I'd like to get about 5 of them to plant along a path on the property. Otherwise, I'll take them now. But I personally feel that things like this transplant better later in the fall.

Regards,

Jim

o

Hi Jim,

It self sows, but this is the first year I've had babies. And I do have a lot, so I can accommodate your need for five or more. I also layered a plant last fall. I don't think cuttings would work. The stems are hollow, I believe.

Oh, and the birds and bees love it. Another plus.

If you nag me, I will go to Green Elephant in November. I live close enough. I just need a little prodding!

o

I'm still pulling out babies of that by the thousands... It's a gorgeous plant but it was just a bit TOOOO happy at my place and I gave mine to someone with more room. I can probably also dig up some babies if anyone else wants any.

Andi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here