Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellied_gw

WANTED: Potluck at Newcastle

kellied
17 years ago

So, shall I bring a dessert or a main dish? Appetizers? What is everyone else planning on bringing??? What do we need?

Comments (25)

• albabela
    17 years ago

I am bringing toasted coconut coffee cake. Depending on the serving size, it could be considered a main, side ....
    :o)

• kellied
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, my! I think you are my new best friend!

• sedum_gal
    17 years ago

I haven't decided, Kellie---a big tossed salad, or peach cobbler....it probably depends on what other people are bringing. We don't want to be too heavily laden with desserts....or do we?

• kellied
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Are we asking Doris' opinion on this one? ;)

I think I'll come up with something interesting that can travel a couple hundred miles that morning..........

• Doris_J
    17 years ago

I vote for Peach Cobbler.

• flowerfan2
    17 years ago

I vote for peach cobbler also! I am bringing a pasta salmon salad and maybe some rocky road bars if I am not still digging up plants Friday night. Karen

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

I vote for peach cobbler too. mmmm, that sounds wonderful.

• Gunnar's Mom
    17 years ago

I'll bring a variety of dim sum.

• Patrick888
    17 years ago

I think I'm bringing deviled eggs. (Haven't noticed that Kathy is attending...she being the queen of deviled eggs!)

• michelelee
    17 years ago

I'm not sure what....I will bring something. Have to work the night before. Something easy and good. Michele

• treepalm
    17 years ago

I don't know what I'll bring yet. Maybe a salad.
    Teresa

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Patrick, I love deviled eggs. Please bring some! :)

• michelelee
    17 years ago

Greek salad and garlic bread for me. Michele

• sedum_gal
    17 years ago

Yum....
    I'm salivating already, just reading the thread. By Saturday, I'll be the one with drool on my chin (but never you mind)....

• ruth1
    17 years ago

I seem to remember this crowd likes chocolate, so I plan to bring chocolate brownies with chocolate frosting.

Ruth

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

Is there a crowd that doesn't like chocolate? :)

• spring_chicken
    17 years ago

I am planning on going to a French Bakery on the way down since I work late the night before, I need to know about how many people usually show up, and what kind of sweet death do you all like. Of course if we need a side dish, I could wrangle that up too.... I just think with all the lifting we will be doing we may need the extra calories that only a French dessert can provide. - Paul

• treepalm
    17 years ago

I see about 16, plus a few more would be my guess.

• madhu
    17 years ago

I will bring some Naan(Indian bread may be Tandoori as I saw garlic bread on the menu already) and some snacks.
    PS - Both my friends who wanted to come by aren't able to make it due to health reasons.
    ~ Madhu

• plantknitter
    17 years ago

It's either Trader Joe's hummus varieties with pita bread or a variety of crackers, cheeses and olives.
    Preferences?
    And maybe some hot apple cider.

• treepalm
    17 years ago

I vote for Hummus with pita bread

• kellied
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, I'm bringing a smoked mozzarella and roasted tomato spread for an appiteaser.

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Butter pecan poundcake and perhaps something else if I can get my act together in the morning! See y'all there.

• bluelytes
    17 years ago

I brought hot chicken wings, did anyone like them?? I was a week early, however :(

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

I saved them blue, and heated them back up on Saturday. I thought they were great. Sorry you missed the party.