Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Late Season Color

Posted by Doris_J Z8 WA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 04 at 16:11

I'm looking for some late season bloomers. I've got too much that blooms in June and is done by August. Any suggestions? I'm going to the Lake Tapps trade.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Late Season Color

Doris - Can I bring you a Tricyrtis 'Togen'? I also have some salvia coccinea 'Lady in Red' that is an annual but reseeds and has awesome late summer, bright red color. And you can't beat Rudbeckia hirta for late fall bloom, mine usually go until at least November. The only thing with that is that it gets tall and lanky so must be cut down part way in the spring.

Let me know.. I have all three that I can bring to the Lake Tapps trade.

Hugs!
Andi

o

That Salvia sounds good, Andi! The old man wants bright color, and I'll bet the hummingbirds like it. Yes, please!

o

Doris, how about some Hesperantha (AKA schizostulus)??? It looks like small glads and comes in red, pink and white. Mine are blooming now and will continue until frost (February last year). They spread by rhyzomes and can grow in full sun as long as they get lots of water-but we live in the NW so no problem. I plan to make it to the Lake Tapps trade.

Christine

o

I could go for some red or pink, Christine, thanks!

o

Doris, come over and point. I have just finished loading my garden up for the wedding and most will not survive where I have them.
When I get organized --Ha!-- I could try to post what I can get rid of.

o

Cool, Judy! Can I come over and point next weekend?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here