Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Help to restart my garden

Posted by madhu 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 17:21

Hello - Some of you helped me start off my garden a few years ago. I moved out of the country for over a year due to family reasons, and just got back to find my garden totally vanish(tenants didn't take care of it at all). I have a clean slate to start off with.

All I have left is some lambs ears and hydrangeas. I have limited budget to start off with so want ideas as to how I could begin my fall planting again.

Looking forward to seeing my garden in full bloom next year :).

Regards,
Madhu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Help to restart my garden

If you're in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia area, consider going to the Olympia trade on Oct 17. Then there's the Green Elephant trade in November. There are always a lot of "freebies" to get you started. You just missed mine last weekend in Kelso, but if you're nearby, I can always find a few things for a new gardener.

o

The Olympia trade is October 15. The address is 8001-A Thrulake Circle SE, Olympia, 98513. The times are 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. I will have multiplier onions, several kinds of mint, some daylilies, and some mustard family seedlings such as cabbage, kale, broccoli, etc, in addition to our normal fare. Hope to see youthere.
Tammy

o

Thank you so much for responding. I will try to make it to Olympia for the plant trade. I am in the redmond area.

I couldn't find my original post, so reposted again today. Didn't know how to delete my post. Trying to figure out how to navigate this website.

Madhu

o

Hello Madhu,
E-mail me, please. Do you have an idea of what you are looking for?
Treepalm

o

Hi,
I don't have your email,I am presuming we communicate by posts.I would loveto have some perennials that would be evergreen with some nice texture and few grasses. Northwest native plants that would be hardy and can survive our winters. I have rhodies and hydrangeas that are left in the garden.

o

Hi Madhu,
Click on "My Page" and then click on "send me an email" from one of my posts. I don't have any grasses, but I do have natives and perenials.
Treepalm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here