Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Gunnera tinctoria a.k.a. chileansis seed stalk

Posted by greenelephant Woodinville WA (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 17:30

I have had a very successful seed trial with G. manicata and now I would like to try G. tinctoria from seed. If you have a ripening seed stalk of G. tinctoria in the Seattle area to share I would be happy to come and get it.

My garden is FULL of plants that can be divided from prairie to woodland to bog.

Right now in pots I have:

Gunnera manicata
Darmera peltata
Heliopsis -- double yellow
Rudbeckia triloba
Cornus mas
Cornus alternifolia
yellow cedar
Port Orford cedar

If you'd like to arrange a trade at the Green Elephant Plant Swap, Nov 3 in Remdmond, that would be great too. By then I'll know what I have to divide and share.

Cheers

Jim Eichner
GreenElephant
Woodinville

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Gunnera tinctoria a.k.a. chileansis seed stalk

Jim, I'm hoping my knee will be well enough for me to attend the swap (I tore my MCL not quite a week ago and am on activity restriction). I'd love to once again try the Gunnera. I'd also like the heliopsis and rudbekia if available

Right now my house is torn up with a major remodel (new kitchen/DR/deck) and my yard is not in too good of shape. I will of course have dahlias available in the Spring if you'd like some new ones

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103341635

This link will only be good for another month or so as ImageStation has gone under and I'll be moving to Shutterfly.

Christine (the gimp)

o
RE: WANTED: Gunnera tinctoria a.k.a. chileansis seed stalk

Finally I have a positive ID on Gunneras.

I am growing Gunnera tinctoria from seed. This is the one I have in abundance.

I am looking for Gunnera manicata seed head. This one I do not have.

Please respond to jim(dot)eichner(at)juno(dot)com

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Gunneras from Seed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here