Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenelephant_gw

HAVE: Fall Green Elephant Plant Swap Saturday November 5

greenelephant
12 years ago

You are invited to the fall Green Elephant Plant Swap.

Saturday, November 5

10 AM to Noon

Church of the Holy Cross

11526 162nd Ave NE

Redmond WA 98052

Contact Jim Eichner 425-223-7249

Rain or shine Puget Sound gardeners gather to exchange and share plants and knowlege from their gardens with all. New gardeners very welcome. Bring ten friends.

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Elephant Plant Swap Details & Directions

Comments (20)

• madhu
    12 years ago

Looking forward to this one...I have missed quite a few in the past.

Thank you for organizing this amazing plant swap Jim.

Madhu

• plantknitter
    12 years ago

I'm hoping I can make it this year.
    Jim, did you still want any cuttings from the variegated dogwood?

• Rosalynde
    12 years ago

Looking forward to swapping again after several years of absence. The kids are bigger now and we moved so I have a huge new space to start a garden! Lynda (from Central Area Plant Exchange)

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

I have seedlings of Mary Washington asparagus and Victoria rhubarb. Any takers?

• Patrick888
    12 years ago

I'm going to try to be there.

What do folks have to swap & what are you looking for? Now's a good time to update your HAVE and WANT lists in your profiles! Alternatively, post the info to this thread.

Increase your chance of finding good trades.

• barbe_wa
    12 years ago

Don and I intend to be there. I have perennial geraniums, lady's mantle, euphorbia (unknown variety), 1 cape fuchsia, a lot of iris, upright cotoneaster, strawberries (probably Hood or Tristar), English laurel, 2 raspberries, 3 Russian sage, 1 scabiosa, a lot of Pink Panda ornamental strawberries, angelica, Japanese anemone (white, single), and some lemon balm. There will be a few odds and ends in addition to these.

• Merilia
    12 years ago

I am short on plants to trade (this is my garden's 1st year) but I do have a bunch of seeds. Is it ok to bring some of those instead? (I have both saved and bought)

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

It's fine to bring seeds to the Nov. trade, or you can save them for the Jan trade. Jim has a seed swap then, and he usually brings some really great compost and pots to plant seeds with. You are welcome at the trade regardless of whether or not you have anything to trade. Many people bring extras to give away, and most people would rather give away plants than take them back home (the idea is to go home with new plants, right?). Jim always has a free pile, and many people add to it generously. If you feel like you absolutely must bring something to trade, brownies, cookies, etc. are always well-received.

• barbe_wa
    12 years ago

Merilla, do you have any vegetable seeds? I would love to trade some of my things for squash, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, tomato or almost any other seeds. I am also looking for annual flower seeds. I do a lot of winter sowing and can never make it to the January seed swap.
    Tammy, would you like to trade a couple of rhubarb seedlings for whatever you can find on my list, or anything I can divide in my garden?

• bejoy2
    12 years ago

Barb, for you, I have a year-old Victoria rhubarb plant. It'll have a better chance of overwintering in your neck of the woods. I'll bring some seedlings, too. I have a hardy fuchsia for Don, too. He should probably overwinter it in the hoop house. I'm interested in your geraniums, especially if you have more splish splash. Hope you had a good trip and got to reconnect with all your friends and family.

• barbe_wa
    12 years ago

Tammy, I will have two or three splish splash geraniums for you. Thanks for the rhubarb. Don dug all mine out this summer because he didn't like where they were, and they weren't producing the way they should. I decided to try a different variety - Victoria should do it.

• Merilia
    12 years ago

I do have both annual flower and veggie seeds!

• barbe_wa
    12 years ago

Merilia, is there anything specific you would like from my list? Tammy has spoken for the splish splash geraniums, but the rest is up for grabs.

• bejoy_gw
    12 years ago

Hi...The rains have made the clay even worse than usual to dig in..but...I have the following ready to take now..and hope to have more ready later.
    Bejoy

Allium triquestrum..............(4)..4 in
    Campanula Persicifolia..blue....4 in
    Columbine.......................(2)..4 in
    Coreopsis Zagreb.................(2)..4 in
    Euphorbia.........................(2)..4 in
    False Lily of the Valley...........4 in
    Hydrangea..Lace Cap..cutting....1 gal
    Iris..bearded.....two tone rose...3 gal....from neighbor
    Iris..bearded..purple.............1 gal..from neighbor
    Iris..Siberian..purple..............1 gal
    Ivy..small leaf......................4 in
    Jacob's Ladder.......................4 in....1 gal
    Kaffir Lilies..Oregon Sunset.......(2) 4 ..in
    Kenilworth ivy.......................4 in
    Ladies Mantle........................(4)..4 in..and 1 gal
    Lily of the valley................... (4)..4 in.
    Penstemon..Husker's Red............4 in
    Potentilla..yellow blooming.......(4)..4 in
    Primrose..Dirt Works..red..........1 gal
    Salvia...Ostfriesland nemorosa...4 in
    Sedum.............................4 in
    Shasta Daisy..Alaska...............1 gal
    Strawberry Begonia..................(2) 2 in
    Sunflower..perennial Lemon Queen....1 gal
    Sweet woodruff.......................4 in
    Sword Fern...........................4 in
    Wood aster..........................4 in
    Yellow Eyed Grass.....................1 gal

• Merilia
    12 years ago

The alchemilla, hens & chicks, delphinium (either color), and lemon thyme all sound appealing. I posted the seeds I have for trade on my exchange page.

I will also come bearing baked goods :D

• treepalm
    12 years ago

Bejoy, could you put the kaffir lilies aside for me? I'm gathering plants for the school garden that bloom during the school year, and Kaffir lilies would be perfect! Did your varigated daylily take? I'm bringing more, if it didn't.
    Teresa

• barbe_wa
    12 years ago

Merilia, I would like a few of each of the following seeds:

Tropaeolum majus (Nasturtium, parent is Mahogany)Antirrhinum majus (parent is some mid-height red variety)
    Zinnia elegans (parent is Pastel Sunset)
    Nicotiana (Whisper Mix)
    Buttercrunch Butterhead lettuce
    Marvel of Venice pole beans
    Major broccoli
    Ambassador zucchini
    Bright Lights chard

I don't need very many of any of them and I'll bring envelopes to put them in. I don't have any delphiniums left, but I think I can find some lemon thyme and hens and chicks. My trade list is totally outdated, but GardenWeb won't let me update it for some strange reason. I've written to them but no answer yet.

• bejoy_gw
    12 years ago

Hi Treepalm....I have the Kaffir Lilies set aside for you. Yes, the variegated daylily took and is very healthy. It did not bloom however...though it should this coming season.
    Bejoy

• Merilia
    12 years ago

Barbe, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize your trade list was old. Please don't dig up anything just for my sake! Of the plants you listed above in this thread, my favorites would be alchemilla or irises--hopefully it's not too late in the season to transplant those?

• barbe_wa
    12 years ago

I have a few Iron Cross oxalis bulbs to share. If you want a few, let me know.