Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doris_j

WANTED: Thanks Lanelle and Mark!

Doris_J
19 years ago

Thanks for hosting the Lake Tapps Trade! What a great time I had! So many wonderful plants and the food! I don't think I'll be eating for the rest of the weekend! It was great to see everybody again. Thanks for all the goodies, and Thelma thanks Chris for the Catnip!

Comments (19)

• doublemom
    19 years ago

Thanks Lanelle and Mark, I had such a great time today! And yikes! I came home with quite a few more plants than intended, but I love all of them :)

Andi

• barbe_wa
    19 years ago

Thank you Lanelle and Mark. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed seeing everyone again. Came home with lots of good "stuff" too. Can't beat that!
    Barb and Don

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    19 years ago

Thank you Lanelle and Mark for opening up your home and beautiful garden. The work you have put into everything is obvious. And OH MY GOODNESS..thank you to everyone that shared their plants with me. I was right that there would be shock on my fiance's face when I showed him the loot!! He said HOLY MOLY!! But we got a lot of things put in the ground already. I pointed to where it would go and he dug. No wonder I am marrying him! I am overwhelmed at all of your generosity. I ended up with over 100 plants. Some of which I cannot identify lol. I might have to post a picture or two to get some help!!! Hoping that one day I can return the favor and share the wealth with all of you. Thanks to all who brought the wonderful food. Who made those creamy cucumbers? They were yummm! Thanks again y'all,
    Susan

• flowerfan2
    19 years ago

Thanks Lanelle, Mark and Kelly for hosting such a great plant swap. I came home with lots of wonderful plants and I am proud to say I have 3/4 of them planted already! It was fun to see everyone again and meet some new faces. Thanks again! Karen

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Thanks Lanelle, Mark and Kelly for hosting! My friend and I had a wonderful time. She was very surprised and happy with all the plants that everyone shared with her. My husband was amazed that there is still room on the deck. I did get a few plants in the ground and all of them labeled.
    Thanks,
    Teresa

• Pnwjudy
    19 years ago

Thank you! Lanelle, Mark, Kelly and Wendy--the whole family!

What a wonderful place you have--so much room to plant!-- and thank you for sharing and hosting. My mother and I had a great time It was sure nice to see everyone again, too.

The food was great--I need the receipe for the couscous and feta, someone?

• maggie56
    19 years ago

I too want to thank everyone for the GREAT day - - that dessert table was to die for!! Mom and I had a super time - - oh yes- - whoever brought the creamy cucumbers....RECIPE PLEASE??? Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Doris_J
    Original Author
    19 years ago

We need the recipe for Wendy's cream cheese brownies, too. My boys and daughter devoured them when I walked in the door!

• treepalm
    19 years ago

Judy, the feta dish was Shilpa's. I just emailed her for the recipe.
    Teresa

• chrisrobt
    19 years ago

I can't believe so many of you have already planted your goodies; once again I came home from a trade with more than I took to trade. But I will have lots of dhalias available in the spring.

I'm glad to hear Thelma likes the catnip (I'm presuming Thelma is a cat who would of course love catnip) and am guessing the plant did not survive the cat love.

It was fun meeting so many people I've come to "know" on the GW and also seeing "old friends" as well (not to mention seeing a "dog friend" Lanelle in a new setting)

I sequestered my new plants with lots of slug bait and now need to decide where to put them all.

I get my new 7 week/old puppy today...

Christine

• kellied
    19 years ago

Just made it home myself, and I'd like to thank everyone for showing Lanelle and Mark how fun these trades can be. They were walking around this morning trying to figure out what they could trade at the next one!
    Don't think I could have fit anything else in my pickup, either!

• barbe_wa
    19 years ago

Here's the recipe for German cucumber salad (Gerkin salat)that you are calling creamy cucumbers. Slice cucumbers as thin as you possibly can (paper thin is what is called for.) Put the sliced cucumbers in a bowl, and add about one teaspoon of salt for every average sized cucumber. Mix the cucumber slices and salt thoroughly and place in refridgerator over night with a weight on top to force out the cucumber juices. The next morning put the cucumbers in a sieve and rinse until there is no taste of salt left. After the salt is removed, remove as much of the water as possible. (I have two small buckets one a little larger that the other. I put the cucumbers in the larger bucket, and then put the smaller bucket on top of the cucumbers and press down. Then tilt the buckets and pour off the water that was squeezed out.) Chop 1/4 of an onion into about 1/8th inch pieces, and add to cucumbers. Add one cup of sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put in refridgerator and chill before serving. The reason for being so particular about removing all the water is that if you do it this way, the water won't thin down the sour cream, and it will last a lot longer. I usually make up three to six pounds at a time in the summer, and it lasts for three to five days. Thanks for the compliments!
    Don

• darrensprincess
    19 years ago

Thank you Lanelle, Mark and Kellie. I had heard so much about these trades, and it was so much more than expected! Thank you to everyone who made me feel welcome and shared their lovely plants with me! I hope to bring much more to the next trade as I wasn't sure this time how much to bring!! I have planted most of my goodies and am happily planning for fall. Thank you again to all!

Megan - darrensprincess

• barbe_wa
    19 years ago

Don forgot to say to add a little vinegar to taste to the cucumber salad. Barb

• albabela
    19 years ago

Lanelle and Mark, thank you for hosting the trade. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome and for all those plants!!! Teresa, what can I say, except thank you for an amazing surprize. I am still a little dazed (but oh so deliriously happy).

-Shilpa

• rebas_ranch
    19 years ago

I too want to thank Lanelle, Mark and Kelly for hosting the trade. It sure was great to see everyone again and to have some newbies there too. My intention was not to come home with any plants because of my pending move but I still came home with a few (some baby maples and the himalayin honeysuckle). Loved meeting your fur kids too. Enjoyed your lovely garden. :-)

• garden_of_mu
    19 years ago

Thanks from Daniel and I as well. We just love your farm and garden, and that wall 'o succulents is so cool! Thanks to everyone for the plants (I came home with way less that I brought. Woohoo!) and the great food. We'll think of your family everytime we use the 'coffin' greenhouse. =)

Mike

• natureboy77
    19 years ago

Just wanted to thank you too for opening your house up to all of us. Mom and I had a great time. Came home with some treasures. Hop[e you enjoy the new horsechestnut :)
    Thanks, Jake

• sedum_gal
    19 years ago

Yeah, Lanelle and Mark (she says, chiming in late...)
    we had a great time seeing your beautiful acreage, visiting with GW friends old and new, and---my favorite---talking about plants with other like-minded gardeners!
    Thanks for hosting in such fine style!
    ~Lisa