Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitty32_z8

HAVE: Thanks to Treepalm (Teresa) for great plant swap

kitty32_z8
18 years ago

Teresa,

Thank you for another great plant trade. Your gardens are beautiful! Everyone was so nice. Kyle and I enjoyed ourselves emmensly!

NOW to get the energy to plant it all.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful trades!

Kathy & Kyle

Comments (19)

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

Maya and I had a great time today! Thanks for hosting, Teresa! Believe it or not, I've got most of my new plants in the ground!!!

I enjoyed meeting all the new people today. Hope to see you guys at future trades!

• barbe_wa
    18 years ago

Thanks, Teresa, for a wonderful day. We enjoyed everything so much. Don was really excited and happy to get the white bleeding heart and, of course, you saw all the goodies I took home! Thanks again and we hope to see you at some trades next year.

• greenelephant
    18 years ago

A beautiful day. Beautiful gardens. A dazzling array of plants to trade. Good company. And your kind hospitality made it all possible. Thanks Teresa,

Jim

• daisy612
    18 years ago

Thank you so very much to Teresa for hosting and to EVERYONE for helping me get my garden started! So exciting!!! :o)

-Katherine

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

You couldn't have ordered up a more beautiful day for the trade Teresa. Thanks from Randy and I for you and your family's hospitality and a big thank you to all for the plants. I have a lot of rearranging to do to get it all in the ground! That is my fall project...to undo all the mistakes I made this first year of my garden. It was nice meeting the new traders. Looking forward the next one. As I dig and rearrange I should have some more trading material! Those were yummy biscotti whoever made them.

• flowerfan2
    18 years ago

Thanks so much for hosting the trade Teresa. You have a beautiful yard with so many wonderful plants. I really enjoyed exploring your garden. It was so much fun meeting all the new people and taking home so many great plants. Someone left a large Tiarella on my tailgate. Thanks to whoever that was! It really was a lot of fun! Karen

• greenelephant
    18 years ago

{{gwi:683541}}

• plantknitter
    18 years ago

Many thanks to Theresa and her family for hosting a great plant trade. And thank you to all our wonderful Northwest gardenwebbers who brought such great plants to share.
    Danika and I just spent this afternoon getting a lot of plants put into her new garden, thanks to all the wonderful PNW traders!
    Judy and Danika

• Firefoxx
    18 years ago

Yes, Thank you very much. It was a great time. I enjoyed meeting everyone. And even though I brought home a couple of "not edible" plants, my husband was very happy about the Pineapple Sage and Strawberries!

• lauraann
    18 years ago

What a great day. This was my first in-person swap. It was wonderful meeting everyone.
    Teresa, thank you for hosting this in your fabulous garden.
    Thank you everyone for the generosity!
    I'm making propagating plans to be sure I have tons to share at the next trade!
    Husband and I worked (played) in the yard ALL day. Almost every plant is in the ground.
    I'd love to host one of these someday.
    Laura

• albabela
    18 years ago

I arrived late and missed out on seeing most of you :(
    Andy, Doris, Judy - thank you for sharing your awesome plants (and mags).
    Teresa, thanks for having us over at your place - it is to drool over!

In the few years of trading and attending these trades, I have been humbled once again at the generosity of garden-webbers.

Shilpa

• digdiva
    18 years ago

Teresa, you couldn't have had a nicer setting for the Saturday swap.Thank you for hosting and many thanks to everybody for sharing your plant treasures and garden talk. It was great to meet everyone (I was so excited I forgot to put a name tag on) and hope to see you again at future swaps. I'll be digging all week with pleasure!

PS. Susan, I have easy biscotti recipe if you want it.

• kitty32_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jim! How did you catch me?! Truthfully, thank you for the picture? Do you have a link for anymore you may have taken?Digdiva- please share your easy biscotti recipe!

Happy planting everyone!
    Kathy

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Would love the recipe Dana! Thanks,
    Susan

• greenelephant
    18 years ago

{{gwi:683543}}

{{gwi:683544}}

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Teresa, Wanted to say thank you for a wonderful swap and for the extras. I had a great time and your property/gardens are gorgeous! Thanks you for all the wonderful plants. It was great to meet new people and see others met before. I went home with such great plants from so many ( and most of the leftovers) I have my shady guys in and am working on the rest. LauraAnn thank you for all the Dicentra, Karen, all the goodies and extras (I LOVE them!!!) Susan, Barb, Marie for great swaps and Shilpa for the surprise Hydrangeas. I do not know a more generous group than gardeners. Michele

• treepalm
    18 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    Thank you all for coming! I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new. Thanks for all the plants and goodies. Digdiva, could you send me the biscotti recipe, too? I couldn't eat them, but my Mom, sister and nephew were fighting over the bag. I'm slowly getting everything in the ground, as well as getting some weeding done. Can the rain just hold off a couple more days?!?
    Teresa

• newgarderner
    18 years ago

Thankyou Teressa for helping me start my new passion gardening. I did plant all the plants you and others help me pick. Thankyou once again.

-Ekta

• digdiva
    18 years ago

Glad the biscotti was enjoyed by many! Here's the recipe if anybody else is interested-it's pretty fast to whip up:

Trail Mix Biscotti (base recipe)

preheat oven to 350
    1 cube soft unsalted butter
    3/4 C. granulated sugar
    2 med eggs beaten
    2 tsp. real vanilla extract
    1 rounded teaspoon grated lemon zest ( 1 lemon's worth or more)
    2 1/2 C. all-purpose unbleached flour ( unsifted)
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 to 3/4 C. dried fruit and nut trail mix **chopped raw pistachios and dried cranberries can be substituted -any other chopped dried fruit and nuts can be used as well

In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until real fluffy .
    Add prebeaten eggs , vanilla, and lemon zest.
    Beat until very creamy looking again .

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt ( using a mesh strainer, sift all together a few times to evenly distribute baking powder).

Add creamed mix to flour mixture and blend gently until flour is absorbed. Mix in fruit and nut mixture gently. Dough should be firm.

Divide dough in half. Place on a greased and floured baking sheet and form into 2 logs about 1/2 inch high, 4 inches wide and 9 inches long, spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Bake 20- 25 minutes, or till golden brown. (check sooner they bake fast) Transfer from baking sheet to a rack. Let cool 5 minutes.

Place logs on cutting board and, with a serrated knife, slice diagonally at a 45-degree angle into 1/2-inch thick slices. Lay slices flat(cut sides up) on the baking sheet and return to the oven for 10 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking, to dry slightly. Let cool on a rack. Store in a tightly covered container or freeze for longer storage.

Makes about 1 1/2 dozen. depending on how you cut them)
    Enjoy!
    Some notes: The base recipe is open to alot of experiment. Different flavored extracts can be used as well as the fruit and nut combo
    Larger eggs result in a softer biscotti
    Parchement paper can be used instead of a greased and floured surface. Those airbake cookie sheets help prevent over browning on bottom