Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thane_gw

HAVE: For Green Elephant: Tricyrtis, Salvias, shrubs, hostas

thane
16 years ago

Here's my trade list for the Green Elephant exchange. I've got a long list of things I'm looking for, but one thing I want gobs of are sword ferns.

Plants I have to trade

======================

About 3 gallon size:

Ceanothus 'Pt. Reyes Creeper' x5

Cotoneaster microphyllus 'Cooperi' x4

Glossy Abelia 'Confetti' x3

These are each about 1 gallon size:

Tricyrtis hirta 'Raspberry Mousse' x2

Salvia 'May Night' x7

Salvia 'Purple Rain' x5

Penstemon pygmaeus hirsutus x3

Aconitum henryi x2

Lavender 'Grosso' x3

Stachys monieri 'Hummelo' x3 (a hard-to-find evergreen perennial Stachys with non-fuzzy leaves, forms a nice clump, spikes of lovely pink/purple flowers)

3 unknown solid blue hostas with small leaves, about 8" tall. I remember the plant tag described them as "the bluest hosta!"

Plants I am looking for

=======================

Most desired:

Hellebores - Dark red, purple, or splotched

Trillium ovatum

Trillium chloropetalum

Camassia quamash

Penstemons - 'Sour Grapes', or 'Margarita BOP'

Hebe 'Autumn Glory'

Lots of sword ferns

Also seeking:

Hummingbird plants

Perennials with blue, purple, or orange flowers

Salvia sclarea (Clary Sage)

Agastache - Orange ones

Geum - Orange ones

Hemerocallis - Purple

Viola labradorica

Native shrubs and trees:

Amelanchier alnifolia

Holodiscus discolor (Oceanspray)

Mahonia aquifolium

Mahonia nervosa

Oemleria cerasiformis (confirmed females - bore fruit this year)

Ribes sanguineum

Sambucus caerulea

Thuja plicata

Cornus nuttallii

Native perennials:

Allium cernuum (Nodding onion)

Achlys triphylla (vanilla leaf)

Aquilegia formosa

Camassia leichtlinii

Camassia quamash

Castilleja sp.

Cornus canadensis

Dicentra formosa

Erythronium sp.

Lonicera ciliosa

Penstemon cardwellii

Penstemon - other natives

Sisyrinchium idahoense (Idaho Blue-eyed grass)

Smilacena racemosa

Comments (21)

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

Hi Thane. I see a couple things that interest me on your list, would you take a look at mine and see if there is anything you'd like?
    I see you mentioned hummingbird plants. Do you have any phygelius? My neighbors counted 20 hummers at one time on a big clump I have on the side of my house. It's coral colored. Thanks.
    - Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Tom's trade list

• thane
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Tom. Thanks for the reply. I do have four different kinds of Phygelius, including a coral-colored variety. :) Sorry to say, I'm not looking for any of the plants on your list.

• albabela
    16 years ago

Please look at my trade list. I am getting a trillium from a buddy and I will see if I can sneak one out to you. Most likely ovatum. I can even find a sword fern as well. I would love to have the creeper ceanothus, cotoneaster and the stachys. Thanks,
    -Shilpa

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Hello Shane,
    I am interested in your Tricyrtis hirta 'Raspberry Mousse' , Penstemon pygmaeus hirsutus, and Aconitum henryi. How many sword fern would you like? I'm sure I can supply them. Would you like a small deer fern or two?
    Thanks,
    Teresa

• threekittygarden
    16 years ago

Hi Thane, would you be interested to trade one of your Stachys Monieri" Hummelo" for a Zauschneria (California Fuchsia)? It is a perennial and have orange flowers that the hummingbirds love. Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Tita

• thane
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tita,
    Yes! I love Zauchneria californica. I should have that on my wish list. Do you have more than one by any chance? How big?

Teresa,
    I'm emailing you about the sword ferns. Also interested in your crocosmias. I'll consider the Tricyrtis, the penstemons, and the Aconitum to be yours.

• threekittygarden
    16 years ago

Hi Thane, I have three one gallon zauschneria californica,and one gallon of viola labrodorica. Can I get all three of your stachys (because my daughter and my sister want it too).Also, will you please give me one of your abelias. I will throw in some seeds of the zauschneria and also a small division of agastache "Red Fortunei" look in my trade list if there is also something you want.
    Thank you,
    Tita

• pixydish
    16 years ago

Hi again, Thane.
    I am interested in Tricyrtis hirta 'raspberry mousse' if you still have one.

I have a dark hellebore that I can take a division from - likely a quart sized pot. I will email you a photo.
    I also have an Agastache rupestris tangerine colored blooms. Not sure I have a photo, but I will look. Since your Tricyrtis is gallon sized, if you are interested in these plants I will be glad to do a two-for-one deal.

Oh, I also have some Cherianthus 'Cheiri fair lady' (wallflowers) in shades of yellow, salmon, orange, and apricot.

• purplelotus
    16 years ago

hi Thane
    I am interested in Tricyrtis hirta 'Raspberry Mousse' and blue hosta if you have left. I can get you some fern. I just google to see what sword fern is and the image looks like what we have in our garden.

• born2raisehellebores
    16 years ago

Hi Thane,
    The blue hostas sound interesting, if you have one left. I have trillium that I potted this Spring. I can also bring swordferns, unless you already have enough.

Wanda

• rachierabbit
    16 years ago

Thane,
    I am interested in the following:
    Glossy Abelia 'Confetti'
    Salvia 'Purple Rain'
    Penstemon pygmaeus hirsutus

Have a look at my trade list. I have the following that are not on my list but I am willing to bring them if you would like to trade:
    Holodiscus discolor (Oceanspray)
    Mahonia aquifolium
    Mahonia nervosa

Thanks, Rachel

• thane
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Rachel,
    Sounds good. I have one abelia left, and it's yours, as well as a penstemon. How many Purple Rains did you want?

What size Holodiscus and Mahonias do you have?

• rachierabbit
    16 years ago

Thane,
    I have both varieties of mahonia tall and short. Would you like a couple of each? I have three volunteer Holodiscus about 3 inches tall, would you like all three?

I would like two Purple Rain. Thanks, Rachel

• cocoajuno
    16 years ago

Good evening Thane,
    I am interested in the following on your list:
    Penstemon pygmaeus hirsutus
    Stachys monieri 'Hummelo'
    Lavender 'Grosso'
    Glossy Abelia 'Confetti'
    Blue Hosta

I have many different named purple/lavender daylilies and I have Penstemon "margarita bop" can I divide this now?
    On my list I have 2 daylilies and both are purple/lavender. Check my list and let me know.
    Carla

• drtdgr
    16 years ago

Thane, I have at least 3 clary sage plants I can bring you. They are lovely but boy do they self seed. LMK what you want.
    Susan

• susybell
    16 years ago

Uhm, don't mean to be a downer, but just an FYI, I just discovered that WA has declared Clary sage to be a Class A Noxious weed...and it's on the quarantine list

• thane
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hm, wow! I guess I'll have to pass on the Clary Sage. Thanks for the offer though Susan!

Carla,
    Excellent! I'd like the Margarita BOP, and the Hemerocallis 'Purple Delight'. I have one penstemon left, and two Lavender 'Grosso'. Does that sound good?

• cocoajuno
    16 years ago

Hi, Purple Delight is yours, but I am not sure if I can divide the Margarita BOP at this time of year,,,does anyone know? It is such a beautiful plant I would hate to kill it for both of us!

• drtdgr
    16 years ago

Well, that's useful information about clary sage being invasive! Huh, have to use a caveat for anyone who wants it..
    Susan

• thane
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carla,
    If you haven't divided it yet, don't worry about it. I'll just take a division of your daylily. If you have, I'm sure it will make it just fine! :)

• cocoajuno
    16 years ago

The daylily is yours....I am just not sure about dividing that now.. I can put you down for Spring...I know it will work then I increase all my penstemons then...I have about 5 varieties I could do in the spring for you...Just let me know I do a lot of hard and soft wood cuttings early spring.
    I will give you my email adress today when I see you!
    Carla

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery