Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruth1_gw

HAVE: Green Elephant- Have Pots and Plants

ruth1
18 years ago

Hi,

I haven't been on gardenweb in ages and see a plant exchange is coming up soon. I have been to the Green Elephant before and really enjoyed it, so am looking forward to it. My exchange list seems to have been wiped clean, but I wanted to let everyone know I can bring lots of pots in all sizes, if anyone is interested. I also have quite a few plants, including an assortment of native ferns in all sizes, hydrangeas, geraniums, and many other plants. I am especially interested right now in trees and shrubs, either dwarf for rock garden settings, or regular size, to add some structure to my garden. I'll try to update my exchange list before the swap, but am also happy to just arrange trades through the forum. I look forward to seeing fellow garden webbers soon.

Ruth

Comments (10)

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

Hey Ruth! I look forward to seeing you at the Exchange!

• greenelephant
    18 years ago

Dear Ruth,

I have trees this year. Follow the link.

I'm looking for gallon pots or smaller.

Regards,

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Trees I have for the Green Elephant

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Hi Ruth,
    I would be interested in your licorice fern and your hydrangea. I don't know if I have much you are interested in on my list, but please take a look. I also have a very nice large heather that I got recently from a friend that was digging things up and was planning on discarding them. I am not sure of the name, but the foliage is a lighter green. It is getting reddish tips right now with the cooler weather. I can't be sure of the bloom, but I think it might be a light pink or mauve. Let me know if you'd be interested because otherwise I won't be bringing it to the trade.
    Suzy

• ruth1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for your post. I would be happy to bring licorice fern and hydrangea for you. I would really like the heather you mention, that would be great. Also, according to your exchange page, you have Monarda, and if you have any of those to spare that would be good, since I like them to attract hummingbirds and other wildlife. Thanks.

best,

Ruth

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Sounds great Ruth. I can definitely bring you some Monarda. See you there!

• ruth1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Suzy, I will be looking forward to seeing you at the exchange. The heather and Monarda sound great. I will bring you licorice fern and hydrangea. Happy gardening.

• jburesh1388
    18 years ago

Ruth,

I have azalea shrubs that I could bring. I would have to look and see which could be divided. The colors I have are purple, marroon, and pink. I would be interested in hydrangea, painter's palette and fringecup. My shrubs are would be large and would give you structure right away!

I could dig up part of one shrub and bring it. They fill up just about my whole back seat, unless you wanted to pick one up yourself from my house on the eastside.

• ruth1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The azalea sounds great, I will bring hydrangea, painter's palette, and fringecup for you, thanks.

Ruth

• jburesh1388
    18 years ago

Ruth,

I'll bring the peony in exchange for your heuchera too.

Thanks!

• ruth1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, that sounds great. I will gather all your plants this weekend- most are already potted up and ready to go.

Ruth

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz