Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Trees and Shrubs for Green Elephant Plant Swap

Posted by GreenElephant Woodinville WA (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 05 at 10:14

November is a good time to transplant bareroot trees. These are all 2-year old trees from 2'-6' tall.

Corunus controversa - Giant Dogwood
Cornus stolonifera - red twig Dogwood
Cornus stolonifera - variegated redtwig dogwood
Corunus stolonifera - Yellow twig Dogwood
Cornus kousa - Kousa Dogwood, Japanese Dogwood
Cotoneaster franchetii orange cotoneaster
Laburnum anagyroides Golden Chain Tree
Pinus contorta - Shore Pine
Styrax japonicus Japanese Snowbell
Sorbus americana Mountain Ash
Tilia cordata Little Leaf Linden
Viburnum tinus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Trees and Shrubs for Green Elephant Plant Swap

I could use a Cornus kousa, Jim. I'll update my list for the trade.

o

I would love to try a cornus kousa as well Jim. I am going to be updating my list as well, but probably won't have anything more spectacular or unusual than I do now :-). Looking forward to the Green Elephant.
Susan

o

Just trying to bump this post onto page 1.

Cheers, Jim

o

Hi Jim,
I was wondering if I could have a couple Golden chain trees? Let me know what I can bring you.
Thanks,
Teresa

o

Hi,

I can bring you hundreds of gallon and smaller pots. I would be interested in almost any of your trees, but the top few are, in order, the Styrax japonicus, Cornus controversa, and Sorbus americana (this is the eastern species, right? I used to have those back east and miss them). If any of the others are left I'd be happy to have them, too, since I really need trees and shrubs. Anyway, I'll load up on pots, I have plenty. If you need any larger ones let me know, since I have them in all sizes. Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you again. I remember you gave a great garden tour last trade I went to, and I'm eager to see how the garden is growing.

Ruth

o

Hi Jim, I would love a golden chain tree and a Viburnum if you can find anything on my list. I will be adding some more plants this week. Let me know. Thanks, Michele

o

Hi Jim, I have some Lobelia cardinalis 'Queen Victoria' I am bringing tomorrow. Like the species but red foliage. They are offsets. If you are interested, make sure you come by and grab one. I have 3. Thanks, Michele

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here