Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bejoy2

WANTED: Green Elephant List

bejoy2
17 years ago

Want:

Sedum 'Autmn Joy'- as much as I can get.

Hyssop

Monarda

Veronica

Penstemon

Salvia

Gaillardia

Echinacia

Rudbeckia

Yarrow

Other perennial flowers, especially evergreen

Have:

Red Hot Poker

Yucca

Primrose - red with yellow center

Lamium

Foxglove

Hen and Chicks

potted roses (3 ea)

chrysanthemums (4" pots)

Comments (9)

• greenelephant
    17 years ago

I happen to have propagated 50 1gal pots of Autumn Joy this summer. I will bring a bunch to the swap to share with you.

Regards,

Jim

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

bejoy, what types are your roses? I have white, yellow and red yarrow.

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jim,
    Thanks in advance. I got some of your 'Autmn Joy' at the last trade, and they look wonderful! I can take as many as a dozen gallon pots.

jburesh1388,
    My roses are clearance potted roses from Lowe's. I have five roses:
    Two are labeled "windowsill" roses, which I guess means they are tender. The varieties are Rosa 'Autumn Sunblaze' (Red) and Rosa 'Bridal Sunblaze' (white.
    I also have 2 Knockout Roses (that's a trademark brand, I guess, don't know what it means): 'Red Radrazz' (red, of course), and Rosa 'Radcon' (pink).
    Finally, I have a patent rose, 'Joyful Jubilee', not sure what color it is.
    The closeout roses were all looking a bit scraggly, like they forgot to water them for a while. There were a lot of dropped leaves, but I picked out the best of the bunch - ones that have new growth, and a couple that were still blooming. They are all leafing up quite nicely, making the most of what's left of the growing season. In other words, they are still vigorous, although by the time the trade comes around, there won't be any outward sign of life in them.

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

I'd love the autumn sunblaze rose. What colors of yarrow would you like and how many?

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'll take as many yarrow as you can spare. I don't have any red yet. I do have yellow and white, but would like more. I'll set the Autumn Sunblaze aside for you.

• ruth1
    17 years ago

Hi,

I am interested in your roses. I would like any or all of the hardy ones- Red Radrazz, Radcon, and Joyful Jubilee.

It looks as if you are already going to be getting lots of Autumn Joy but I can bring more if you want. Also look at my trade list to see if anything interests you. Thanks.

Ruth

• bejoy2
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That's great! I know you will love the roses. Looks like I've given away all of them now, except the 'Bridal Sunblaze'. I'll bring it, too, and hope it finds a good home. I am glad there is interest in them. I love roses, but they hate my yard. I would like your fringecup and foamflower for my greenbelt garden. I don't know if I'll have room for more 'Autumn Joy' this time around. I hope I wasn't too obviously drooling over Jim's 'Autumn Joy', but they really are spectacular specimens! It's hard not to be greedy, but I think I'll have enough this time around. I can take more in the spring, though.

• jburesh1388
    17 years ago

I'll give bridal sunblaze a good home too. I'll bring you a couple of gallons of red, a yellow, and at least one white.

Thanks!

• ruth1
    17 years ago

Hi,

Thanks, the roses will be great, and have been doing good in my yard. I will bring you fringecup and foamflower for you. Looking forward to seeing you.

Ruth

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida