Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Raspberry canes - Green Elephant

Posted by born2raisehellebores (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 23, 11 at 13:15

The wild bunnies have discovered that raspberry leaves and cane tips are delicious, which means that I got no berries this year, and little prospect of any next year! (And they were just recovering from the deer getting in a couple of years ago.) Can you help me try again? I bought upright supports to lash them to, so your extras won't go to waste!

I have a number of things that I can bring in exchange:
NW natives: Salal, Oregon Grape (low & maybe tall)
Groundcovers: Bramble, Vinca minor
Shrubs: Beautyberry, Potentilla(bright yellow flowers)
Misc: Foxglove, Centauria Montana, orange Crosmia,
A tiny, spreading, damp-loving plant with pink flowers,
Loosestrife (yellow flowering)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Raspberry canes - Green Elephant

Would you like everbearing or summer red? How many? I have some established in pots rooted through to the ground & will pull up right before the swap.

I have deer, too & they avoided the everbearing reds this year, but I have no idea why. Picked some berries last week.

Email me privately through GW & we'll work out details.

o
RE: WANTED: Raspberry canes - Green Elephant

Got your message, but when I replied it didn't go through stating inactivity for that email address. If you'd like 'Wanda' English Primose, purple w/ yellow eye I will dig it for you.

I will gladly bring you a bunch of rasp.

Self sown clumps of lady ferns, fringcup (Tellima grandiflora), forget me not, Corydalis lutea & Centaurea montana.

I'm especially looking for...

deer resistant & drought tolerant - sun or part shade
ornamental grasses
evergreen shrubs, perennials, & groundcovers
daylilies: pinks & purples or spiders
interesting foliage: purple, yellow, bright green, or variegated
Japanese pachysandra
pink, purple or white bloomers
woodland plants or anything that tolerates shade esp. cool weather & spring blooming :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here