Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
h0wzz

HAVE: Mostly shade plants for Green Elephant

Gunnar's Mom
18 years ago

I've been moving plants again, and this is what I have to trade:

Cornus Canadensis (bunchberry)--Native groundcover. This stayed evergreen last winter.

Petasites (Fuki)--I moved the mother plant to a shadier area and these are healthy roots which were left behind

Galium odoratum (Sweet Woodruff)

Japanese Anemone--I think this is 'Honerine Jobert', but the kids collect my tags like playing cards and I'm not quite sure.

Maianthemum dilatatum (False Lily-of-The Valley--Another lovely native groundcover.

Tellima (Fringecup)

Acorus--A lovely yellow/green striped grass for moist areas.

Phormium 'Jack Spratt'

I'm looking for the following:

Epimediums (any types esp. white ones)

Lysichiton americanum (Skunk abbage)

Astrantia(Masterwort)

Miscanthus sinensis 'Gracillimus'or'Yaku Jima'

Adiantum pedatum (Maidenhair Fern)

Asplenium scolopendrium (Harts Tongue fern)

Brunnera 'Jack Frost'

If anyone would like anything on my have list let me know by Friday so I can dig them.

See you all Saturday.

-Janine

Comments (13)

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

I would love some Cornus canadensis. I have Astrantia. Check my list to see if there's anything else I can get you.

• plantknitter
    18 years ago

I would like some Cornus canadensis and the 'Jack Spratt' phormium.
    I have Astrantias, white and pinks, and can bring some Epimedium pauciflorum.

• bejoy_gw
    18 years ago

Hi... I would like to trade for one of your Japanese Anemone and Cornus Canadensis plants. Can you find anything on my trade list that you might like.

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange list

• Gunnar's Mom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi all:
    Now I can hardly wait for Saturday.
    Doris_J: I'd love to get some white Pulsatilla pasque flower, and any Astrantia you can spare.
    Plantknitter: I'd love to get some of your pink Astrantia and the Epimedium.
    Bejoy: I'll love to have the Coreopsis Zagreb and some Geum (any kind would work fine.)
    I'll dig generous clumps of the Cornus--they really took off this year and even gave me an odd erratic flower into August! The Phormium and the Japanese Anemones too made alot of babies this year.
    See you Saturday.
    -Janine

• ruth1
    18 years ago

HI,

I'd be interested in your bunchberry and anemone. I don't have anything on your want list, but check my two posts, or my exchange page, and see if you can find anything of interest. Thanks.

Ruth

• Gunnar's Mom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Ruth:
    I'll be happy to take some Semiaquilegia ecalcarata and Tiarella trifoliata for the Anemone and the Cornus.
    -Janine

• Doris_J
    18 years ago

Sounds good!

• sweetflowers
    18 years ago

Hi Janine,

I have zebra grass and would love to have some Japanese anemone and bunchberry.

Check my list to see if you like anything else.

The bamboos you gave me last year are doing great!

Sangeeta

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Hello Janine, I would love some bunchberry. I have white Astantia but I see its been offered already. Please check my list. Thanks Michele

• Gunnar's Mom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Sangeeta & Michele:
    I'd love to share the bunchberry with you. I'll try to make what I have go around since it seems quite popular, and I think everyone should try to "go native" where they could.
    Sangeeta: Thanks for the offer of the zebra grass, but I am looking for M. sinensis 'Gracillimus' not `Zebrinus'. However, I would like a little of your Shasta Daisy.
    Michele: The Comfey looks interesting. I love to try this.
    See you Sat.
    -Janine

• Gunnar's Mom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello all. I've got a great response to this posting and I've now got all the trades I can offer for the Cornus Can. I'll can offer some Maianthemum D. as a substitute if anyone else is interested. I love this plant, and it too is a native groundcover which likes similar conditions to the bunchberry.
    -Janine

Here is a link that might be useful: PNW Native Groundcover

• sweetflowers
    18 years ago

Hi Janine,

I will bring shasta daisy for you.

Sangeeta

• michelelee
    18 years ago

The comfrey is yours. But so you know, it need to be contained and it grows a taproot so it is definitely a permanent plant. I am also bringing some other things if you change your mind on the Comfrey. Michele