Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Green Elephant Swap...Help!!! I have a problem!!!

Posted by nettasaura Z8 WA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 24, 06 at 15:24

Hi Everybody....I have a problem...I was so wanting to go to this plant swap because it will be my first. But there has arisen an issue involving my parents that will keep me from going...I am afraid that I need to be there for them as it is far more important.

The crux of the problem is that I have 16 flats of plants sitting on my patio that if they do not find a home, they are going to die. So would anyone or a few people who lives close to me (Lynnwood) be willing to stop by and pick up a few flats to take to the swap...I just want the plants to have a good home. And Jacqueline...I have a envelope of seeds for you...could you email me your address so I can send them to you.

Anybody that can help I would really appreciate it...I am bummed because I was hoping to have fun and take home some plants that I really wanted, but it is more important that I be with my parents. So anyway if anyone could help me find these plants a good home, I would really appreciate it.

For any potential helpers, you can stop by and pick up flats any time between now and next Friday...the day of the swap I will leave the rest on the front porch. If anyone can help...thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Regretfully,
Netta

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Green Elephant Swap...Help!!! I have a problem!!!

Nettasura,

Save all of your wonderful seedlings and bring them to the spring Green Elephant the first Saturday of March. You might be able to grow the seedlings a bit larger by then.

Regards, Jim

o

Hi Netta, If you can not overwinter them, I live in Everett and could swing by. Let me know. Michele

o

I'm pretty sure I am going to the swap, I have at least one large plant I have to get to Jim.
I live in north Lynnwood/north Edmonds.

Email me at
jbracik *AT* msn *DOT* com and we can exchange addresses or phone numbers.

I have a greenhouse now, too, so I will likely have room if you need to keep a couple things over the winter here.
Let me know.

PNWJudy

o

Netta,

Don't worry about the seeds. I won't be planting them until the spring anyway. Bring them to the spring Green elephant and we'll trade.

o

Netta, don't worry about my trade either. We'll trade another time. Susan

o

Hey everybody...problem fixed!

And just to clear up something....it's not a health problem per say that involves my parents....my mother happens to have booked an appointment for something that was quite costly and can't be undone now....and she did it without asking whether or not I had plans (as if I don't have a life)....and since they happen to be on a tight budget, I am forced into going to help...

Let's just say that I would much rather have been at the plant swap...it will have been far more fun than the dirty nasty grudge work I will be indentured into for the entire day (parents are physically unable to do heavy work now, so guess who gets to do it for them)....I will try to come to the Spring Swap next year...and this time I will let the whole planet know that day is all mine!!!

Netta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here