Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathay_gw

WANTED: have for Green Elephant

cathay
18 years ago

Here are the plants I have available for trading right now.

Ground covers:

starflower bulbs - trientalis latifolia

lingonberry plants

wintergreen

sweet woodruff

pink panda ornamental strawberry

variegated vinca

variegated small leaf ivy-the polite kind. Won't try to take over your garden.

blue star creeper

groundcover with fuzzy,lime-green leaves and pink flowers

golden oregano

ajuga-purple leaf kind, but not the giant

London Pride-variegated and solid green and a miniature solid green. The miniature would be for a special trade, I love it and don't have a bunch but could part with a small piece if sufficiently tempted.

astilbe-pink and red, but I won't know the color unless they happen to be blooming.

hellebore Janet Starnes,or a very close relative. (OUT)I can't find the tag but it matches up with everything I can see on the web for Janet Starnes.I have had limited luck moving these.

Helleborus foetidus

hellebore Argutifolius

black eyed susan - the shorter one, Goldsturm

short and tall white daisies

euphorbia myrsinites (monkeytail spurge)

daylily, a double orange that is really pretty.

heuchera with dark, solid green leaves, white flower; I don't remember the name.

bergenia-several kinds, various leaf sizes.

hardy fuchsia cuttings- many kinds, including one low growing, arching one that is slow growing but incredibly yummy. Just don't ask me for names.

native bleeding heart, pink

crocismia Lucifer

crocismia ? shorter than Lucifer, with yellow orange flowers.

catmint

golden feverfew

threadleaf coreopsis

miniature ladies mantle

geraniums:

Johnsons Blue

G. Nimbus seedlings-these are decent sized plants

Birch's double aka Plenum-these are small plants, more than seedlings but only be a year or so.

mexican mock orange; I have one potted up, it's about 18" tall.

various pulmonaria. Some rounded leaves, some pointed leaves, some white flowered, some blue or pink flowered.

Oregon grape seedlings. This is the tall, glossy one with yellow flowers in the spring and blue berries now.

Sedum Autumn Joy

I have several types of campanula, blue flowering. Some are ground cover types, some the taller kind.

Campanula 'cherry bells'

Hosta; large blue-green leaves, green and white, etc.

I have some small ones, not miniatures but the kind that only get about a foot tall, with yellow foliage. I've noticed in years past that the slugs didn't bother this one much, but this year one clump got eaten almost to the ground. I guess slugs like some variety in their diet.

White roses- I have two rose 'Snow Flurry' bushes I need to find a home for. These are single white shrub roses. They are good roses, they just don't interest me. They need more sun or spraying to keep them healthy, and I can't always keep up with them.

Dahlia bulbs-I am going to be moving a beautiful tall (5') yellow dahlia and can share some pieces. I also have a salmon colored pincushion type that get about 4 ft tall.

Grass:

I think it's called Ice Follies-a carex, with sparkly white stripes up the sides. Gets 12-18" tall.

Comments (8)

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hiya Cathy,
    I am intersted in an Oregon grape seedling and your short daisies. Let me know if I have anything you need. I will be posting a few more things as I dig them. Thanks!
    Susan

• greenelephant
    18 years ago

Dear Cathay,

I am very interested in fuchsia cuttings. How do I root them in fall?

I can take all of the big hostas you care to trade. See if there's anything on my list you like.

And I'd like some monkeytail spurge.

Thanks,

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade list.

• chrisrobt
    18 years ago

I'd be interested in any of the following if available-not sure I have anything you'd like

black eyed susan - the shorter one, Goldsturm
    short and tall white daisies
    euphorbia myrsinites (monkeytail spurge)

daylily, a double orange that is really pretty.

heuchera with dark, solid green leaves, white flower; I don't remember the name.

hardy fuchsia cuttings- many kinds, including one low growing, arching one that is slow growing but incredibly yummy. Just don't ask me for names.

crocismia Lucifer
    crocismia ? shorter than Lucifer, with yellow orange flowers.
    golden feverfew
    threadleaf coreopsis
    miniature ladies mantle

mexican mock orange; I have one potted up, it's about 18" tall.

various pulmonaria. Some rounded leaves, some pointed leaves, some white flowered, some blue or pink flowered.

I have several types of campanula, blue flowering. Some are ground cover types, some the taller kind.
    Campanula 'cherry bells'

Christine (who looks rather greedy-I'll take whatever is leftover)

• jburesh1388
    18 years ago

I would love some of that carex, golden oregano, and the salmon colored dahlia. hhhmm what do I have to tempt you? I have 5 Blue Fescua 'Elijah Blue' grass, 2 'sunshine' Grey's Senecio, 2 white pom-pom dahlia (4' tall), white peony, red gladiolus, cuttings of Pieris japonica 'mountain fire'. Possibly more once I get outside to look around. Anything sound interesting so far?

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Hello, I would love to trade for your Hellebores argutifolius. I have some snowdrop bulbs I just bought. Also have plants but will not be updating my list until this weekend. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Michele

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Hi CAthy, I would be interested in one of your rose bushes if there are no takers. Michele

• ruth1
    18 years ago

Hi,

I am planning to go to the Green Elephant trade, and would be interested in your hardy fuchsia, pulmonaria, hosta, and a rose bush. I looked at your exchange list and see you are interested in ferns. I have lots of ferns in assorted sizes, so could bring quite a few of those if you're interested. Thanks.

Ruth

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Hi, I would love your double orange daylily and both dahlias, I just posted most of what I have to trade plmk thankyou carol

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022