Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
h0wzz

FREE: Green Elph. Some Tender Stuff & other things

Gunnar's Mom
16 years ago

Hello:

I don't have any room to overwinter these. They are free to anyone who wants to take them. Plese don't be shy to ask as I'll be happy to send them to a good home. I'll cross things off the list as they become unavailable.

LP & TH, I already have something set aside for you. Let me know if you want anything else.

I plan on being at the GE around 10:30'ish or so to drop off.

List of stuff for the asking

Here is a link that might be useful: Exchange List if the link above is busted

Comments (17)

• sedum_gal
    16 years ago

Ooooh, Au, I would really like that Alocasia 'Frydek' division...
    I'll email you directly. Thanks!

~Lisa

• sedum_gal
    16 years ago

...I'm going to try to rustle you up a Vaccinium. At the very least, I'll bring you something interesting and hardy, that doesn't need coddling over winter. :o)

~Lisa

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

Hi Janine, I'm sorry I can't remember if I promised to bring you something at the trade. If you have them left over, I would sure be interested in the bougainvillea or the abutilon.
    Here's a link to my list if there is anything you might like:

Here is a link that might be useful: Tom's exchange list

• Gunnar's Mom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I love downsizing! I'm sorry if my email bounces sometimes. The address is correct. It's running on comcast servers that randomly delay and/or delete good emails, but let in the spam. GO figure.

Tom & Lisa - I'm happy to set these aside for you.
    No Tom, I didn't need (notice I didn't say want) anything.
    Lisa, I also need to remember to bring you the E.V.Maurelli.

• purplelotus
    16 years ago

Very generous of you aunatural.
    I would love to get Rosa 'Red Ribbons',Bougainvillea,Abutilon Hybrid Pinks,Anthurium and Aster 'Puff'. Thanks a bunch.

• albabela
    16 years ago

Janine,

Could have a cutting of Melianthus major - if it is not spoken for?
    with thanks,
    -Shilpa

• threekittygarden
    16 years ago

Hi aunatural,
    If you still have rosa "red ribbons" and bougainvelia will you plase share them with me?
    Thank you,
    Tita

• rachierabbit
    16 years ago

AuNatural-
    I just e-mailed you. I am interested in the following on your list:
    Aster "Puff"
    Abutilon "Hybrid Pinks"
    Acanus Spinosa
    Rosa "Red Ribbons"

Have a look at my list and let me know if you are interested in anything. Thanks, Rachel

• Gunnar's Mom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Purplelotus, I've put you down for what you've asked.

Shilpa, The cutting is yours. Thanks for your yummy offer-we have no allergies.

3Kitty, I have you down for the R.'Red Ribbons' but the Bougainvillea is all gone.

Rachel, I'm out of potted R.'Red Ribbons' but I noticed a foot long volunteer in the garden that I'm happy to dig for you. I'm out of the potted Abutilon, but I have seed if you'd like to try growing them- easy germination! The Aster and Achanthus are yours.

-Au

• treepalm
    16 years ago

Hello Aunatural,
    Is that musa still available? I would love to give it a home.
    Thanks,
    Teresa

• wisteria54
    16 years ago

shilpa if you have any left i could use 2 agave and 1 honey bush
    what are the zone requirements on the agave??

• flora2
    16 years ago

Hi
    I see the "usual suspects" :) in your list of takers. Why don't I check the postings every ten minutes :)?
    Anyway, do you have anything left? Thanks a lot

• Gunnar's Mom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Treepalm, The musa is yours.

Hello Wisteria. Shilpa=Albabela, but I figured you meant me. The agave are pups (babies.) Adult A. Americana would be good to zone 8 or so with really sharp drainage in winter, and 'Variegata' perhaps a bit more tender than the green variety. Pups are not hardy at all and would need to be kept indoors for a couple of winters at least. You can search more in the web about the care. I don't know where you are; you list your zone as 6a? Also, please note that I'm offering Melianthus unrooted tip cuttings, not plants. Do you still want the agave & melianthus cutting in your zone?

Hi Flora. The list is reasonably updated. There is at least 1 agave pup avail. Plus, since you asked last month about the heliconia, I'll bring you a few roots.

-Au

• rachierabbit
    16 years ago

Au-
    I'm happy to take the volunteer "r. ribbons" and the Abutilon seeds off your hands too :0) Thanks so much for sharing! Rachel

• Gunnar's Mom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just added sugarcane stalks that need digging out of the garden before a hard frost. I'll keep adding things as I clean up the yard. -Au

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant list

• wisteria54
    16 years ago

yes thats great i can use the agave pups and the cutting of melianthus, i will overwinter them inside

• purplelotus
    16 years ago

hi Au,
    can I get one sugarcane stalk, want to try growing them. thanks