Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
albabela

WANTED: red twig dogwood at Grn Elephant

albabela
16 years ago

A last minute request : I would love to have some large cuttings/ stems from a red-twig dogwood.

Please let me know if you would be willing to spare some,

-Shilpa

Comments (13)

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

Hi Shilpa, I can bring you some from a variegated red-twig dogwood if you'd like.

• albabela
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tom,
    I would LOVE to have the var. red-twig dogwood!!
    Would you like a division of Kniphofia "Traffic Lights"?
    http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1051

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

No please, LOL. No more knophofia. How about I bring YOU some! Tell you what, I'll race you for giving it away. Whoever is left over with more kniphofia at the end of the trade has to eat a banana slug. ;)
    I've just started looking for plants for my daughter who just got her first place on her own. She asked me to look for anything evergreen or maybe some dahlias. Or maybe you might have a Goldstrum or a baby helebore left over from your list?
    - Tom

• albabela
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just BOUGHT this kniphofia! About the slug -did I mention that I am a vegetarian?

Oh, I would be deligted to bring some Goldstrum for your daughter. I may be out of Hellebores - I'll go and have another look. Do you think she would like some daylillies?

• chrisrobt
    16 years ago

Shilpa, I could bring cuttings from the standard red twig is you like...might there be more than one cutting from the variegated one available?

Christine

• albabela
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh yes please Christine! I have some really nice geraniums for you in the spring time. I hope you like hardy geraniums.

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

Christine yes I can bring you a variegated cutting. Do you have a list up yet of what you can bring to the trade?

Shilpa you think you can get out of eating your slug just because you're a vegetarian? I'll come up with something just as disgusting for you.
    My daughter Hailey is just starting out so she'll take whatever you bring and she'll like it. :)

• pixydish
    16 years ago

Shilpa, I'd love to have some of the 'Traffic LIghts' kniphofia if you are dividing it anyway. What can I offer you? I don't have dogwood but I have lots of other stuff. how about cuttings from Honeysuckle boxwood (Lonicera) 'Lemon Beauty' or 'Baggins gold'?

• albabela
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am sorry, but the kniphofia is gone :(. I actually have baggins's gold - so I am good for Lonicera. Thanks for your offer.

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

Pixy I've got a bunch of regular kniphofia if you want it. Looks about the same as 'Traffic Lights' except the blooms aren't quite as long.
    I think Shilpa's winning already. If you don't take some I may have to eat the slug!
    - Tom

• chrisrobt
    16 years ago

grrrnthumb, my trades are all in dahlias for the Spring

If we can't meet at the GW, I'd be glad to mail tubers sometime in March

Here is my webpage

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103341635 (ImageStation is going away so I'll move this over to Shutterfly in a month or so)

Christine

• purplelotus
    16 years ago

hi Tom,
    I can take one kniphofia from you. I got one, but it is really small, so I don't know what variety it is.
    thanks

• pixydish
    16 years ago

Thanks, Grrnthumb, but I have the regular kind. I was interested because 'traffic lights' is a shorter variety.

Thanks, anyway.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES