Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alaskanamazon

have: have: for green elephant

alaskanamazon
14 years ago

I have Horehound and Motherwort plants. Anyone interested? I'm trying to get an idea how many to bring.

I also have carnivorous plants, mostly Sarracenia (which is hardy) and Pinguicula (indoor-only). But they require special care so I'm not sure how many people would be interested in them.

Comments (14)

• kellycomposter
    14 years ago

Hi - I would love to have a horehound and a motherwort, check my trade list and post and let me know if you would like anything. Thanks, Kelly

• pixydish
    14 years ago

I am happy to have some of your Sarracenia. I've got a couple of carnivorous plant gardens and have room that needs filling. I have plenty of pinguiculas, though. Actually, I have several kinds of pinguiculas. Are you interested in having some miniatures in trade for the
    Sarracenia?

• alaskanamazon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cool, another PacNW CP'er! I've been growing carnivorous plants for over 15 years now so I have TONS.

What kind of Sarracenia are you looking for? I have extras of purpurea, minor, psittacina, and some complex leucophylla hybrids.

I have hundreds of mexican pinguicula.. roughly a dozen different species or varieties.

I also have some extra hardy sundew plants - Drosera rotundifolia and filiformis var filiformis. They are down to dormant buds now. I also have seeds of both Drosera if anyone is interested.

• alaskanamazon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, one question pixydish .. miniature what?

• threekittygarden
    14 years ago

hi,
    I would love to have a horehound and motherwort. Please take a look at my list if there is anything you want.
    Thank you,
    Tita

• bejoy2
    14 years ago

My Mom and I would like a motherwort, please. One for each of us, if you have enough to spare, or one we can divide. I would also like a horehound, please. In exchange, I can dig up a start of Arisarum proboscideum (Mouse Plant). Please also check both of our previous posts for additional offerings.
    Thanks,
    Bejoy and Bejoy2

• alaskanamazon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bejoy, I put your names on the plants you requested. I sent you an e-mail about it.. hope it gets through.

Kellycomposter - would love to trade for hosta seeds or chocolate mint, whichever you prefer

threekittygarden- I had a hard time making heads or tails of your plant list. But I should have plenty of plants available for trade..

• pixydish
    14 years ago

The 'miniature' is Pinguicula esseriana. It stays quite small and grows more slowly than any of the others I have. The other one I have that might interest you is Ping. x 'John Rizzi' . You very likely have all the other ones that I have.
    I'll take just about any of the Sarracenia that you care to divide. I've been growing them only for about 3 years, so I'm way behind you! But I love them. I have one little bog in the garden and one in a large planter. The one in the garden was getting crowded this year, so I divided stuff and started another one. Now I have plenty of room.
    I'd also be interested in a sundew if it's hardy. I have the D. filiformis (rats, I was going to offer you one of those. I have several now as they do grow nicely in the greenhouse)

Don't forget to look at my list! I'd love to bring you some plants.

• purplelotus
    14 years ago

hi alaskanamazon
    if it is not too late, I will want one of your Sarracenia
    thanks
    purplelotus

• alaskanamazon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

pixydish - I do have those Pings, but I would love to trade the Sarrs for a Smokebush seedling and or a Hosta start if you still have any.

Purplelotus - I will have plenty of Sarracenia :-)

• alaskanamazon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll also be bringing seeds to the swap -

Blanket Flower 'Granada'
    Calendula 'Touch of Red'
    Calendula 'Pacific Beauty'
    Echinacea 'White Swan'
    Marigold 'Ground Control'
    Aztec Tobacco
    Standing Cypress Ipomopsis rubra

• pixydish
    14 years ago

I will bring you Hosta 'earth angel' and some baby smoke trees. I just realized that some of the baby trees offer different fall colors than the parents. They are all really nice dark orange or reddish. Some have the yellow as well. I'll bring a selection and see if the leaves will stay on for another day.

• kellycomposter
    14 years ago

I will bring chocolate mint and a few different kinds of hosta seeds. Can I also get some seeds of Blanket Flower 'Granada'? Thanks, Kelly

• greenelephant
    14 years ago

Cool Stuff!