Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toni98033

HAVE: For trade at Green Elephant - Peony, Trillium

toni98033
16 years ago

My goodness, is it November already? I am new to GW but have a couple gems to trade. I will be the one in the orange/red Jeep with my book open to figure out what all of your plants will look like in the spring!

There are only 2 things I know I want, but I'm not really a planner - more of a "hey, that's pretty" and find a place for it:

- Evergreen Clematis (aramandii clematis)

- Heuchera(sp?)

- Maybe another evergreen vine for the sun or part shade.

Here's what I will have tomorrow for trade -

- Gobs - Yellow Montebretia, George Davidson, the 2-3' kind

- 2 HUGE white dahlia mega bulbs. I mean that I have 3 bulb sets, all of them with 4-5 bulbs ¨C and the white dahlia flowers are those huge ones

- Stargazer lilies ¨C 4 pots with 3-4 bulbs in them

- ~20 Tigoridia Bulbs ¨C

- ~20 Trileleia Bulbs -

- Columbine ¨C either pink, blue, purple or red.

- Bleeding Heart

- Verbena bonariensis ¨C 2 or 3 of these

- 10 peony bulbs WITH EYES - the huge deep red kind

- Trillium, yes trillium - a few small bulb/root sets

See you tomorrow!

Toni

Comments (17)

• rachierabbit
    16 years ago

Toni-
    I am interested in a few of your trillium, some of the George Davidson and a peony or two. Have a look at my trade list and let me know if we can set up a trade. I also have two Heuchera that I could trade you that are not on my list. Thanks, Rachel

• pixydish
    16 years ago

I am interested in your tigoridia bulbs. I have serveral different heucheras I can divide. What color are you looking for ? I have a lime green one, a caramel colored one, a reddish purple one, a green/silver one, etc. I would trade you several different kinds for the batch of your bulbs. I have to go to work now, but I will check the thread this evening when I get home. Let me know if you are interested. Oh, and my heucheras are named but I can't remember the names as I type I have to look at the tags in the garden.
    I also have a baby passivlora vine. Please see my trade list.
    Thanks!

• cocoajuno
    16 years ago

I am also interested in your Yellow Montebretia, George Davidson, please take a look at my list and let me know if you are interested in anything.
    Thanks, Carla

• albabela
    16 years ago

Toni,
    Apart from what we talked about, could you set aside some Montbretia and some bulbs (whatever you can spare after your trade)) for a buddy of mine?
    I am bringing you some nice stuff.
    I better put baby to sleep and go out and dig dig dig.
    -Shilpa

• kellycomposter
    16 years ago

I will take a peony. I have tiger lilies or blue iris. Would that work at all? Thanks, Kelly

• toni98033
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay! I wish I had started this sooner. Sorry for the rush.

Gals above, I will hold everything you asked for aside. I'm looking at your lists right now to figure out what to swap but since I have to look most of it up, I wanted to get this message out now.

Here's what's left -

- some Yellow Montebretia, George Davidson, the 2-3' kind.
    - 2 HUGE white dahlia mega bulbs. I mean that I have 3 bulb sets, all of them with 4-5 bulbs ¨C and the white dahlia flowers are those huge ones
    - Stargazer lilies ¨C 4 pots with 3-4 bulbs in them
    - ~20 Trileleia Bulbs -
    - Columbine ¨C either pink, blue, purple or red.
    - Bleeding Heart
    - 4 - Verbena bonariensis 4 of these
    - ~5 peony bulbs WITH EYES - the huge deep red kind

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

Hi Toni,
    I'm interested in the dahlias if you find anything on my list. Thanks.
    - Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Tom's trade list

• toni98033
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Rachel - I'd love some Yellow Corydalis and a hollyhock. A trillium, some George Davidson and some peony's have your name on them!

• susybell
    16 years ago

Hi Toni, What kind of bleeding heart do you have?

Thanks,

Susybell.

• toni98033
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixy - the Tigoridia bulbs are yours! Since I had no idea there were so many Heuchera colors (I have the redish one) and after looking I now love them all, how about you decide which ones in your garden look like they'd like to be divded and surprise me? On your list, I (think) I like Campanula Takesiana and caryopteris and probably others too so I think we are good to go trade-wise. Whatever you think is fair. I will see you tomorrow!

• toni98033
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Susy - what kind of bleeding Heart... Umm. it's low - 1-2' high, busy green foliage and spreads like crazy even on top of the landscape fabric. It gets pinkish red and/or white flowers. Looking in my book, I would say it is the spectabilis.

My direct email is toni_fielder@hotmail.com if you want to chat.

• toni98033
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carla - I have some Montebretia held aside for you (how much did you want?). I'd love your Rudbeckia, Stachys, or Gaillardia if they are still available. See you in the morning! Toni

• toni98033
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kelly - I've saved some peonys for you. A tiger lily is great (or not if you need to use it for another trade!). Toni

• toni98033
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tom - I've saved a Dahlia for you and may bring some others if I get ambitious in the morning. Your trade list is great, I am sure we can swap. That corkscrew vine is intriguing. I sent you an email direct. See you in the AM. Toni

• rachierabbit
    16 years ago

Kellycomposter- I'm interested in your tiger lilies. Have a look at my tradelist and let me know if you would like to trade. Thanks, Rachel

• pixydish
    16 years ago

Excellent! I have a caryopteris I will put your name on, as well as a campanula. I will go now in my night gardening outfit and get you some heucheras. Be careful! They are addictive!

If you have any of the peonies left, I would love to have one of those. I'm also interested in the Trilelia bulbs, although I cannot find them on Google. Basically, I love bulbs so if they are still available I would give them a go.
    I will bring you several labeled Heuchera and I also have plants that are not listed on my trade list. See you tomorrow!!

• kellycomposter
    16 years ago

Rachel, I'll take an iris, and a flamethrower if available and put you down for tiger lilies. See you soon! Kelly