Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nezbine

HAVE: have/wanted: green elephant woo hoo!

nezbine
16 years ago

All we had were lilacs and cookies last year, and yet you folks generously showered us with plants.

Our first house now actually has a few garden beds around it, and not just gravel & weeds. It has been such a pleasure to watch things grow & see what they turned out to be. Thank you!

This year we have lilacs! Again! (and lots of 'em), but we also have lots of other things. Things that survived the brutal attack of the landlord right before we moved, and I salvaged the dregs & they flourished here, and lots of things you gave us that have spread enough to be divided.

I haven't gotten it all together yet (will I ever?), but a brief list includes 3 kinds of thyme at least, oregano, lemon balm, several other ground covers, and some other plants that got big enough to divide. Most haven't, so maybe by the next swap I'll have more variety.

We also have roses I rooted from cuttings so I can't say for sure what they are. Should we wait another year on these so they bloom & we can tell people? My labeling system died fast. I do know for sure on a few of them.

Anybody have a quick & dirty labeling system that lasts?

We're happy to swap for many things, but not so likely to have something you don't already have. Maybe I can post a more complete list later or maybe we can just swap at the swap, or we can put these things in the free stuff & take other free stuff, which I thought was really fun last year. It looks like mostly you all plan what you're swapping, is this preferred?

And we have seeds. I need to check whether we have enough to qualify. Could one of you give me instructions for how to participate in the swap? How many seeds of a variety is enough? How many pots should we bring? What size? And what time does that happen (and will somebody walk us through it?)

THANKS!

Laura (and Joe)

Comments (3)