Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Best Saturday in January for Winter Seed Sowing event

Posted by greenelephant Woodinville WA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 3, 08 at 20:47

Saturdays in January: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31. What's your preference.

In 2008 we held a winter seed sowing on the second Saturday. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/expacnw/msg121238473451.html

I think this year I'll lay plastic down in the parish hall and we can all work inside.

I'd welcome a helper or two to set up and clean up.

If we want to do this around a lunch, we can use the kitchen to warm and serve food.

I got a mountain of flats and pots at the fall Green Elephant. I have plenty of sifted compost for potting things up.

Leftover Poinsettias work great. Just cut them off and sown on top, adding a little cover.

Now's a good time to get your seeds together, maybe do some seed trading on the web. I've been saving many in preparation for the winter seed sowing.

Best Regards,

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Best Saturday in January for Winter Seed Sowing even

Thank you Jim for the great Green Elephant event. I didn't know there was a winter sowing event too. How does that go? Do we bring the seeds and then exchange seeds and plant them together at the event?

o
RE: WANTED: Best Saturday in January for Winter Seed Sowing even

Jim, I'll be out of town on the 10th, so if I may offer up my 2 cents, I'd vote for any Saturday but that one...
I have a TON of seeds I'd like to sow, and share!
Sounds like fun to me.

~Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here