Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Poppy seeds

Posted by heatherisnotaweed Everett z8 (hj_shaffer@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Nov 3, 05 at 20:55

I have poppy seeds from my first flower garden this summer. Here are a few pics of what they looked like, but there were some double red ruffly ones and some other crimson ones that I can't seem to find pictures for. They are all mixed together because my girls harvested them for me and didn't understand the instructions ;-) So it's a suprise package! I have lots so they are for giving or trading.

Heather
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Poppy seeds

Hi Heather,

I love those pictures and always like poppy flowers especially the colors you have. However, I have grown only shasta daisies from seeds. Last year I tried 20 different packets of seeds few came up but none made it through. Are poppies easy to seed, if I just sprinkle can they grow. If so, take a look at my postof have for grren elephant and see if you like anything that might interest you.

I am assuming you are coming tomorrow.

Sangeeta

o

Sangeeta, I found them to be almost comically easy to grow. That is because I sprinkled several bajillion seeds onto bare garden beds in early January and then fretted and moaned when they didn't sprout when I thought they should. Then all of a sudden I had literally hundreds of poppy plants all over my yard. Overnight. We harvested nearly 2 1/2 cups of seeds. I now have poppy seedlings growing in my newly planted grass, but Jim assures me that mowing will eventually kill them. So far I don't consider them a pest, just an slightly overabundant suprise.

I would love to have any grasses, and/or some Irish moss!

See you tomorrow....rain or rain.

o

I would love some seeds, if you have some to spare. I don't have any seeds, but if you see something on my list, maybe I can dig something in the morning. Let me know.
Thanks,
Teresa

o

Teresa,

The seeds are unconditional, but I wouldn't turn down either Potentilla or Echinacea!

Heather

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here