Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrisrobt

have: dahlias for spring ge trade

chrisrobt
14 years ago

Here are the URLs for some photos of my dahlias; I should have tubers of most available for the March trade. Those who gave me plants last weekend might want to take a look and decide which ones you want.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ChrisRobt/Dahlias2009#

http://christinesdahlias.shutterfly.com/

Christine

Comments (6)

• treepalm
    14 years ago

Hi Christine,
    I still owe you for this year. I'll send you a copy of the list of seeds that I'm starting next spring, if you are interested.

I'm interested in
    Bodacious
    Bright Star
    Cha Cha Cha
    Cheyenne
    Elfawnz
    Hawaii
    Horse feathers
    Just Peachy
    Murtle's folly
    Prince Vailent
    Promise
    Santa Claus
    Vernon Rose
    We didn't get to dig last year, so lost pretty much everything.
    Teresa

• pixydish
    14 years ago

Hi Christine,
    I would be interested in any of these:

ELFawnZ
    Daleko Jupiter
    Mingus Mary

Thanks!

• bejoy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi Christine.. Bejoy 2 and myself would like:

Santa Clause
    Just Peachy
    Sympathy..Waterlily

Thanks so much
    Bejoy

• jitterbug_gardener
    14 years ago

I'll be at the spring GE (family emergencies permitting). What are you looking for in trade?

• oliveoyl3
    14 years ago

Interested in some dahlia tubers especially rose pink types, shorter types for edging in SFG, and ones that still bloom with moving shadows from fir trees. I'm willing to give prime sun spot to your brightest rose pink/hot pink variety. Hubby likes the most bizarre shaped blooms, so something for him will ensure he's helping with watering during dry summer.

I'd like to surprise hubby's parents with some for their Whidbey home where there is full sun.

Will send you a list of what I have to offer in trade.
    The URL didn't work for me.

• oliveoyl3
    14 years ago

Christine, R U still coming Saturday?

Please read my previous post for details of the dahlias we're looking for. I couldn't figure out how to see your webpages.

Since that first post we've spread 8 cu yd of Whidbey medium mulch with fines on grandparents' gardens on Whidbey after pulling weeds and/or laying cardboard over grassy areas. In the process of exhausting ourselves on our "vacation" we accidentally dug into some of her dahlia tubers still in the ground, so would like to replant for her later this spring & label them well.

These are plants from my list to share if you'd like to trade. If there is something else you're looking for perhaps I can do a 3 way trade on Saturday.

Edibles: rhubarb, strawberries, spearmint

Flowers: primrose (ÂWanda violet w/yellow eye) spreading type for borders, shasta daisy

Natives: salal, sword fern, mosses

Pot accents (or groundcovers in poor soil only where nothing else grows or you'll regret it):
    aegopodium (bishop's weed -spreading variegated)
    vinca major (large perwinkle)
    Hedera ivy
    ground ivy (variegated round leaf, mint smell)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio