Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boizeau

WANTED: Great Lakes Fragrant Iris

boizeau
14 years ago

Am looking for starts of the Old Great Lakes variety of Iris. It is a pale Cornflower blue flower, and intensely fragrant. Does anyone still grow these?

Comments (6)

• boizeau
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Still am looking for the Great Lakes Iris. Happy to trade for some of my collection here. Have a very dark purple solid with showy ruffled blooms.

• davidsvision
    7 years ago

I happened to be searching around for info on this particular iris - and up came this. It so happens I divided hundred last fall in my yard. I see this post is quite old, but if you are still looking I would be I would be glad to trade. Happy irising.

7 years ago

I've been looking for the Great Lakes Iris also. Is there a chance that I could trade with you?

• davidsvision
    7 years ago

I'm a bit late seeing this, but I am still up for trade if anyone else is. I might divide out some beds this week, and I'll have a better idea then of what else I may have if interested. So far, just quickly looking today I also have: Downtown Brown, Honeycomb, Montmarte, Tempting Fate, World Premier, That's All Folks, and Kathy Chilton.

7 years ago

So glad to see your message. I'm still wanting Great Lakes. So few of the new irises are fragrant. I'm willing to pay for a few of the bulbs. I have a show stopper called Salsa Rio which is my new favorite and several other more frilly irises for trade. I also have three or four of the old fashioned irises as well. Any interest? I'm dividing my plants soon as well.

• davidsvision
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have divided my rhizomes this year. What I have ready and can ship are Montmartre, Kathy Chilton, Honeycomb, Downtown Brown, and of course Great Lakes (I will send several of those) and a few extra rhizomes. If you send me your address I can get them out. I wouldn't ask for any payment just that you send an equal amount my way, and label the variety (I just write with sharpie on the fan leaves). My email is davidsvision@gmail if you would like to exchange info that way (and i can check what shipping will be). I don't see a way to send private messages here, maybe I'm missing something. I'm never on this site. Thank you kindly.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?