Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Green Elephant Plant Swap Sat, Jan 5, 10am-Noon Redmond

Posted by greenelephant Woodinville WA (jim.eichner@comcast.net) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 19:04

Winter Seed Sowing/Hardwood Cuttings

Saturday January 5, 2013, 10 AM to Noon (indoors)

Right after the holidays in the cold dark of winter, we get together with our treasure troves of seeds, and dirt and pots and labels, to winter-sow perennials, trees, shrubs. These pots of seeds then go outside for cold treatment which breaks the seeds' dormancy. You won't believe the great results! Come spring they germinate in profusion. For this event, potting soil is provided. Bring your pots, seeds, labels to share. This year we will propagate hardwood cuttings of various native and ornamental shrubs. You can also divide and repot houseplants at this event.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Elephant Plant Swap Details & Directions

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Green Elephant Plant Swap Sat, Jan 5, 10am-Noon Redmon

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 12, 13 at 19:15

Thank you, Jim ... for hosting us, providing compost, pots, & showing us an easy way to root cuttings. I'm glad I had the seeds you wanted & look forward to a seedling in June.

Thanks to those who came with an assortment of cuttings especially the evergreens! It was well worth the time to attend once again even if I didn't plant a single seed. Those cuttings commanded my full attention. Great tip from Jim to put on the north side of the house to give more rooting time in late spring.

This Green Elephant group is the best thing that happened to our gardens!

Corrine (& James)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Pacific Northwest Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here