Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Java Ferns need new homes!

Posted by amsoniared Z5b Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 15, 09 at 13:56

Finally pulled out a bunch of the Java ferns out of our 72 gal tank. I originally bought it marked "Dwarf Saggitarius" and I always thought that's what it was,but just looked it up and identified it as Java fern. The only discrepancy in the info is that it is mentioned that it does not grow well in the substrate. I never knew any better, and it grows and reproduces quickly planted in MY tank! I sure don't want to throw them in the compost bin - they're too nice! There is snow on the ground right now, I really think I could still ship it, it's so hardy, but if you would want to wait, I could keep it in a tank till the weather gets warmer.
I have a watergarden also (the Java grows great in there, also!),I would trade for pond plants or perennials, let me know what you have-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Java Ferns need new homes!

Wow, sounds like a great plant for my daughters aquarium. I have tons of plants but all live outside through the winter. I could trade you a clump of Yellow Flag Iris (Iris pseudacorus) but may have to wait until we get a little closer to spring. The yellow flag iris is very winter hardy. If you are interested e-mail me at robin16795@gmail.com

o

I can send you a small tuber of an mixed tropical lily. I do not have them marked it could be pink, purple, white,or yellow. But more than likely a tropical for your pond. This year I am ordering more tropical and will try to keep them labelled if the koi don't dig them up. My lilys are just starting to grow and sprout up.

o

I would love to trade for some of your ferns. Please let me know if there are any left and you would like to trade for any perennials. See my trade list. If you see anything listed on the bottom list (that is currently inactive because I have a lot of stuff tied up in swaps right now) But if you see something please let me know and I can check to see if I have any left.

Tammy

o

Hi, I am needing aquarium plants and I saw where you have Java Ferns.
I would be willing to trade for something or anything I have.
If you have any other aquarium plants, please let me know.
VR
vlron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here