Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Way Too Many Lotuses!

Posted by lion so CA 92223 (saraczewskiandrew@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Feb 23, 06 at 15:28

A large, chest-deep, plastic pond was left alone until it got shallow with so many tubers. Why waste 'em? I'd love more than 50 lbs of lotuses with maroon, variegated pads to go to dozens of good homes. These have two-tone flowers. Light pink with fuschia and dark yellow with light yellow. The roots have grown together but come really clean.

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/lion
Informally seeking rare spices religious plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Way Too Many Lotuses!

How would one go about getting a tuber or 2? I have nothing on your trade list to trade.

Bubbatexo

o

Any unusual cacti growing out there?

o

i would like to have a couple i have nothing on your trades list but am more than willing to pay for shipping please let me know :)

o

I'm not stuck up, and your personal page tells me that you have cool tastes, joejoe123. Do you have any neat, marginal or pond plants not in my 'haves' list? Thanks. ;-)

o

Lion, I have two types of cacti, that are in the stapelid family. I am not sure which variety. One has a tiny bloom about the size of a nickel that is shaped like a star. I do not remember what the other bloom looks like. I also have a lasiocarpe "chinese sacred banana" pup I can trade. I have not seen a lotus with a variegated leaf. Are you interested in trading? LMK

o

Do I have anything you might like? I have some type of wormwood my Mother in law gave me, but I think it is Silver King artemesia.

o

i do have this plant its called blue heart
its a marginal plant do not know the real name
but i do love this plant its very profuse with
blooms in thew summer and its like a vine it
hasnt come up yet so i dont know if it made
it but it is hardy in my zone let me know :)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

o

• Posted by thg1 z6 KY (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 11:01

Are these lotus or waterlilies. I have not seen any lotus with marone leaves. Do the leaves float or do they stand high above the water. Either way, I would like several. I can trade you any color hardy water lily.

o

are u sure they are lotus??varigated maroon leaves...sounds more like a water lilly. if they are lotus then i would have like to trade for some. I have Gaint Taro, galanga, bodhi tree, buddhist golden lotus banana, and timber bamboo.

o

do you have any lotus left?? I would love a couple of them and when the snow melts here I'll
send you some perennials.

Kathleen

o

Hi, Do you have a pix of the bloom? Check out my trade page.

o

I could really use some. Would you be interested in trading for named canna, or japanese blood grass, or zebra grass? can do for postage if your open to that. cat.

o

Lion: you have mail . Pink/fushia sound like they would display beautifully here in seattle. My pond is ~14x16ft. & in need, if youre amenable. ccckoball

o

Hello,
What are you looking for in exchange for these? We installed a water garden last year and I would love to add flowers to it.

Thanks
Tammy
eb0nybutterfly@aol.com

o

any left? I don't have anything on your list how about for postage?

o

If you would consider postage, I would be interested. LMK

o

would you like a peony in exchange for a lotus?

o

Is it too late in the year to get one of these? I can send a piece of variegated iris pseudacorus if you like...

LynnT

o

any lotus left? or am i way to late, thanks

o

Am I too late for any lotuses, i sent an email to you earlier but did not get a response. Thanks for reading

o

I saw you mention that you wanted rare cacti.
I am willing to trade you a 4 inch saguaro cactus
for 2-3 tubers. hit me up if its a deal

o

I don't have anything to trade now, but would be willing to pay shipping. Would you consider sending me one or two?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here