Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lion_gw

HAVE: Way Too Many Lotuses!

lion
18 years ago

A large, chest-deep, plastic pond was left alone until it got shallow with so many tubers. Why waste 'em? I'd love more than 50 lbs of lotuses with maroon, variegated pads to go to dozens of good homes. These have two-tone flowers. Light pink with fuschia and dark yellow with light yellow. The roots have grown together but come really clean.

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/lion

Informally seeking rare spices religious plants.

Comments (22)

• bubbatex0
    18 years ago

How would one go about getting a tuber or 2? I have nothing on your trade list to trade.

Bubbatexo

• lion
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Any unusual cacti growing out there?

• joejoe123
    18 years ago

i would like to have a couple i have nothing on your trades list but am more than willing to pay for shipping please let me know :)

• lion
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm not stuck up, and your personal page tells me that you have cool tastes, joejoe123. Do you have any neat, marginal or pond plants not in my 'haves' list? Thanks. ;-)

• matherfish
    18 years ago

Lion, I have two types of cacti, that are in the stapelid family. I am not sure which variety. One has a tiny bloom about the size of a nickel that is shaped like a star. I do not remember what the other bloom looks like. I also have a lasiocarpe "chinese sacred banana" pup I can trade. I have not seen a lotus with a variegated leaf. Are you interested in trading? LMK

• Nancy
    18 years ago

Do I have anything you might like? I have some type of wormwood my Mother in law gave me, but I think it is Silver King artemesia.

• joejoe123
    18 years ago

i do have this plant its called blue heart
    its a marginal plant do not know the real name
    but i do love this plant its very profuse with
    blooms in thew summer and its like a vine it
    hasnt come up yet so i dont know if it made
    it but it is hardy in my zone let me know :)

{{gwi:685271}}

{{gwi:685272}}

• thg1
    18 years ago

Are these lotus or waterlilies. I have not seen any lotus with marone leaves. Do the leaves float or do they stand high above the water. Either way, I would like several. I can trade you any color hardy water lily.

• dirtdonthurt
    18 years ago

are u sure they are lotus??varigated maroon leaves...sounds more like a water lilly. if they are lotus then i would have like to trade for some. I have Gaint Taro, galanga, bodhi tree, buddhist golden lotus banana, and timber bamboo.

• elda
    18 years ago

do you have any lotus left?? I would love a couple of them and when the snow melts here I'll
    send you some perennials.

Kathleen

• snowdogmama
    18 years ago

Hi, Do you have a pix of the bloom? Check out my trade page.

• catkins
    18 years ago

I could really use some. Would you be interested in trading for named canna, or japanese blood grass, or zebra grass? can do for postage if your open to that. cat.

• ccckoball
    18 years ago

Lion: you have mail . Pink/fushia sound like they would display beautifully here in seattle. My pond is ~14x16ft. & in need, if youre amenable. ccckoball

• tnmomsix
    18 years ago

Hello,
    What are you looking for in exchange for these? We installed a water garden last year and I would love to add flowers to it.

Thanks
    Tammy
    eb0nybutterfly@aol.com

• glendasgarden
    18 years ago

any left? I don't have anything on your list how about for postage?

• nyrangerslmb
    18 years ago

If you would consider postage, I would be interested. LMK

• patckelly
    18 years ago

would you like a peony in exchange for a lotus?

• lynnt
    18 years ago

Is it too late in the year to get one of these? I can send a piece of variegated iris pseudacorus if you like...

LynnT

• araoh
    18 years ago

any lotus left? or am i way to late, thanks

• wisteria54
    18 years ago

Am I too late for any lotuses, i sent an email to you earlier but did not get a response. Thanks for reading

• howweplants
    18 years ago

I saw you mention that you wanted rare cacti.
    I am willing to trade you a 4 inch saguaro cactus
    for 2-3 tubers. hit me up if its a deal

• myyellowlabs
    18 years ago

I don't have anything to trade now, but would be willing to pay shipping. Would you consider sending me one or two?

Sponsored