Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted: Just 1 or 2 for a new baby pond

Posted by sassybutterfly_2008 7 NorthWest GA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 9:49

Good morning!

I have a new 'baby' pond made out of a used pond form I received on free cycle. Last year I started a mini 'pond' in a whiskey barrel and had some water hyacinths and one pickerel weed. Later some frogs came along and 'contributed' fairy moss which hosted a quick take-over! lol

The only thing that survived our winter is the pickerel weed. I've been researching aquatic plant companies and have a general idea of what I think I'd like and what would fit in my small pond. But I'm quite open to suggestion from any of you more experienced pond owners out there!

I know most of the items I am looking for multiply rapidly so I am only looking for 1 or 2 (or more if you have lots!) of any of the following items:

Anacharis
Miniature Water Hyacinths
Water Lettuce
Miniature Sweet Flag
Miniature Cat tails

I would love something that frogs could sit on but am not really sure if I have anything trade-worthy for water lilies and such..

I have quite a few perennials, lots of shrubs I could do cuttings from. I do have some unknown low growing yellow iris that seem to like being around the pond in the water spray.. I also have TONS of various seeds (my first love!). If I still don't have anything of interest to you then maybe you're looking for something I could even purchase locally and trade.. and of course I'd be happy to do any for postage!

Thanks for looking!
~Wendy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted: Just 1 or 2 for a new baby pond

i could robably send you a little package of plants. i have some hyacinth. that is all i have that you listed. but i could also put some umbrella palm, salvinia, maybe water snowflake - that looks like miniature water lillies.. i have a few things that you may like. then maybe you could throw some seeds of something my way for return? i don't know what i am looking for, or what i want, so i'd let you decide on that..lol... i live on the gulf in florida, so i am sure you would know what would grow in this sand and heat... let me know if you are interested.
beth

o

Hi Beth,

I sent you an email. Thank you very much!!

o
Hmm..

Beth, My email to you bounced back as 'undeliverable'. I sent it to the email on your GW page. Would you please try emailing me on my email list on GW?

Thanks!!!

o

Beth, I sent you an email.

o

Wendy, same email. kuchinickb@cox.net
Scott, sending you an email now.

o

Beth, I've tried several times to email you but it keeps bouncing back. :( If you see this I'm still very interested! Could you try emailing me?

Thanks!!
~Wendy

o

Sassy, try emailing me at pondmaninal@yahoo.com and see if you get through.

o

I have.....
water lilies: "Joey Tomaczek" (a hardy canary yellow) and "Texas Dawn" (softer yellow much larger bloom, also a hardy lily) Check out the photo at http://www.waterplantsforponds.com/hardy-water-lilies/texas-dawn.htm
I also have bacopa and violet stemmed taro. I'll send any or all to you for postage. I don't want anything in return.
I was a newbie at this once too, and I really appreciated all the pass-along plants people gave me.

Lemmeknow,

scuba_al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here