Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassybutterfly_2008

WANTED: Wanted: Just 1 or 2 for a new baby pond

Good morning!

I have a new 'baby' pond made out of a used pond form I received on free cycle. Last year I started a mini 'pond' in a whiskey barrel and had some water hyacinths and one pickerel weed. Later some frogs came along and 'contributed' fairy moss which hosted a quick take-over! lol

The only thing that survived our winter is the pickerel weed. I've been researching aquatic plant companies and have a general idea of what I think I'd like and what would fit in my small pond. But I'm quite open to suggestion from any of you more experienced pond owners out there!

I know most of the items I am looking for multiply rapidly so I am only looking for 1 or 2 (or more if you have lots!) of any of the following items:

Anacharis

Miniature Water Hyacinths

Water Lettuce

Miniature Sweet Flag

Miniature Cat tails

I would love something that frogs could sit on but am not really sure if I have anything trade-worthy for water lilies and such..

I have quite a few perennials, lots of shrubs I could do cuttings from. I do have some unknown low growing yellow iris that seem to like being around the pond in the water spray.. I also have TONS of various seeds (my first love!). If I still don't have anything of interest to you then maybe you're looking for something I could even purchase locally and trade.. and of course I'd be happy to do any for postage!

Thanks for looking!

~Wendy

Comments (8)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner