Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catrina_gw

WANTED: Pond plants

Catrina's Garden
16 years ago

Hi,

I am very new to this so I don't know even what to ask for. What I have is a 600 gal tank that serves as a heat sink in my greenhouse. I already have a small white water lily and reciently put in an orange one that I am a bit worried will be too big. I have horse tail and a purple water iris and acoras (sp). The tank is 4 ft deep but I have a shelf in there which keeps some plants with wet bottoms only and I have the lilies on a 2 ft shelf. I'm z4, but judging by what other plants live in there I'd say the inside of the greenhouse is about z6 or z7. The water does freeze, but not all the way to the bottom. I'm looking for something that I wouldn't have to fuss with taking in the basement, preferably flowering, but interesting foliage would be okay too. I also have already marsh marigold and that plant with the white cuped flower that grows by runners in my marsh. Had them in there before and will try the marsh marigold again. If you have something that you think would work please check my list at http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/catrina and let me know. I would especially love one of the verigated leaf water iris.

Thanks,

Catrina

Sponsored