Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: I want to complain about wild ducks

Posted by my_kids 6a (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 13:26

man I am so upset last fall my husband set up a temporary greenouse around our pond. and it was nice for the first 3 months we checked it every other day and then we started checking it weekly and then it was every 3 weeks. Everything inside of it was always green and the temp stayed at 70- 82 at all times I was very very happy. everything was in it. from the water lilies (tropical), lotus, water fern, hyacinths, parrots feather, water clover, water iris, cattails, water lettuce, & taro (green and chocolate) everything was going great then last week I went out to check it again. as I was approaching the pond I hear quacking and splashing water. I did not see anything at first then I walked around to the other side the ducks made a hole in the other side and gained entry, I lost everything. what did not die from the cold weather the little monsters ate. I am so angry. hundreds of dollars down the drain and if that is not good enough they ripped that liner. no mind you I have 4 ponds. and that was the only one covered. why did they go for that one? I will never understand it. so I wanted to vent. we thought we were doing so well and then we get taken by a flock of freekin ducks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: I want to complain about wild ducks

I'm so sorry! Who would have thought about ducks doing that. They must have been looking for a heated swimming pool, I would never think about them being smart enough to figure out how to break in.

o

well starting over yet again. dumb ducks. I will never look at another duck the same again. and next year I will have to come up with a better plan.

o

got some very good deals on ebay for more plants.

o

get an alligator.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here