Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Ideas!!!

Posted by boggsr22 z6 Tn (My Page) on
Tue, May 23, 06 at 7:49

Hello... I got my barrell filled yesterday, It looks good. I bought a water lilly off a lady that said she needed rid of them, but as I was reading some of the posts last night, they said i needed minature water lillies! And also, should i plant some cattails, palm corkscrew rush and things like that all in the same container for the barrell? I'm new to this and trying to figure things out.

If anyone has any duck weed (small floaters like that), or a water hyacinth (spelling). I will be having some daylillies, and I do have a couple of yard iris. Thanks Gina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Ideas!!!

Hi Gina. You do need a miniature or a small lily for your barrell. although a medium sized plant will grow in it. The leaves would then hang over the sides and dry out. I have several barrells with lilies of all sizes, and that is what happens when the plants get too big. With one lily you can trim the leaves back, however.
If you put duckweed, azolla, water fern, etc. into your barrell it will cover the surface and may not give the look you want. I have all three, but they cannot be shipped to all states. They can be shipped to TN, however, I live there also.
I will send you some barrel pics on private email for you to see if you want to add marginals (cattails, rush, etc) to your barrell.
Happy ponding!

o
RE: WANTED: Ideas!!!

Please do send me pics.... twnkletoes101@aol.com. Any help would be wonderful. I bought water palm last year, but I can't seem to get it to "come back out". Me and my plants... LOL Thanks Bunches:) Gina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here