Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Egyptian papyrus plants

Posted by clastic Texas (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 05 at 11:31

Please contact me and we can work out some suitable trade. I am looking for the tall original papyrus...not the dwarf variety

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Egyptian papyrus plants

I have some, what do you have to trade?

o

My main trade plants are a fine bright yellow hardy dayblooming water lily...name unknown...a quite large plant or divisions. The water lily is setting buds already and the largest plant is in bloom. Otherwise I have a nice bunch of divisions of the Pickerel Weed Pickerel Rush (Pontederia cordata).

Are you interested in any of these...I hope (smile).

Also, tell me about your papyrus, please.

o

Could either of you tell me if papyrus is a annual,or what? I grew it from seed over a yr ago and it died off in fall & never came back. I bought the seeds from Whatcom Seed Co. I have some beautiful pink lilies that are taking over my pond. Love to trade some (??)
Patty

Here is a link that might be useful: Whatcom seeds

o
Cyperus papyrus

Oh yeah, when you get to the site, click on CYPERUS papyrus-- alphabetically.

o

Sorry 'Lady' but you never answered me and I found some great plants locally for very little money.

And as for the question for Patty in Wisc, even though it is a sedge, Papyrus is very frost tender. I am sure it just froze...alas

o

I planted some of these seeds a few weeks ago, purchased from Whatcom/Seedrack. Can anyone tell me how long these normally take to germinate?

I have a section of my courtyard garden, near a corner wall, which is fairly constantly wet due to the natural topography, and would love to fill that section in with a unique, moisture loving plant like Papyrus (and Cobra Lily if it ever germinates)...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here