Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njbiology

WANTED: What are recommended online sources for Pond Plants

njbiology
18 years ago

Recommened online sources for pond plants, with respect to price and plant size/portion; preferably in states north of zone 8.

thank you,

steven

Comments (5)

• lucasdalderson
    18 years ago

Ewaterlily.com is awesome and has a large selection. Cheapest mail order site I have found. The lilies average around $17.50 but some of the nursery hybrids - Carla's Sonshine, Moonbeam, and a few others cost $39.95. But overall, they have excellant prices and I am not the only one who thinks they do well. I have heard good reports from many. Only one bad report. Lady I have met thru trading ordered Gloire du Temples Sur-Lot and got Hollandia.

Happy Ponding,

Lucas D. Alderson

Here is a link that might be useful: Lucas' Ponds and Plants

• sandy0225
    18 years ago

I got my pink capensis and my hardy texas dawn lily at aquaticplantdepot.com. I liked the size plants they sent me. They bloomed within weeks of planting out in my pond.

• katcl
    18 years ago

Take a look at bonniesplants.com. I've ordered from her before and was pleased with the plants. She also has some great koi. The website is full of useful information.

• nomadh
    18 years ago

Pondplants.com in San Diego is very good. David sends very big divisions typically. Much bigger than most other I've compared with.
    Ive also done ebay but the quality is very spotty there.

• PondFrog
    18 years ago

Hello,

I've used watertropicals.com several times this season, and have had terrific results with them. The lilies were huge, and they give you the pot and some fertilizer for FREE! I was shocked! (If you fill out their "comment" form, you also get a free plant, along with your other stuff) The catch to the free plant though is that it's only with your first plant order. I ordered some aquatic potting soil and did the form, but no plant. I called them and the lady said it was only with your first plant order. I found Lilypon's also and lot's of other plants REALLY cheap on there.

Sorry, I can't stop gushing about these guys!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services