Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtkate_gw

WANTED: Honest traders

mtkate
15 years ago

I want to thank Pikecoe and soccerguy and rosehip and N. Nordstadt ( don't have username). They came through and shipped what they said they would. The plants mostly arrived in great shape, but if they didn't, they still did their best and SHIPPED THE PLANTS!. I have been stiffed on enough trades (1/2) that I will not be trading for the rest of the season. Now I know why the number of postings on the exchange has dropped off so much in the last 5 years... THANKYOU Honest traders!!! MTKATE

Comments (10)

• pikecoe
    15 years ago

Kate, I'm wondering if you got the Gonnere and how it arrived. Please let me know. Anything I send I will make good if it doesn't arrive as it should. Glenda

• seamommy
    15 years ago

Mtkate, I feel your pain. I've been stiffed several times too. Seems like a lot of people will take unfair advantage of you if you give them the chance to, even at the plant swap meets, someone comes along and just helps themselves to something on your table! Who has the nerve to do that anyway? I just keep a list of names and addresses of those I won't trade with, and quietly scope out the swappers to see if I can determine who ripped me off. I hate to do it because I'm not a vindictive person, but I don't like to be cheated. Most gardeners are fair minded and generous just like you obviously are. But don't stop doing something you enjoy just because there are some rotten apples out there. Cheryl

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

You may want to give them some reviews then at the link below on your good and bad trades. I think there are still many members who do not check it before trading, or post a review once they have had a good or bad experience.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate And Review (member trades) Forum

• garbird
    15 years ago

Have you left a bad reveiw for any of the traders that stiffed you? I had not heard of this forum before your post. I checked it out, but all the bad traders on my scat list are no longer GW members.
    I have not traded this year because of all the worthless cheaters that use this forum to cheat people out of plants. I have lost on trades about half of the time in the last 2 years, and most of the good traders that I traded with never post anymore. There seems to be a pattern forming here. Trader beware.
    Garbird

• pfllh
    15 years ago

I have left feedback, all positive but only one shows up so I may have been hitting the wrong button. The trader that fixed my wagon got money for postage. Was to be a heavy box of peony tubers and as the offer stated you could get double, I paid double. Then I get the sad story of a divorce and kicked out and no way to get the tubers. Money was already spent!
    I reported to GW as a few months later, there is Jerry from SC posting different plants for postage. He disappeared.
    I just can't afford losing money like that. Sooo that did it for me. I don't post anymore. I may respond but only if it's a name I recognize. Really sad that what began as such a pleasant pasttime in trading turned into a nighmare of being taken advantage of.
    Lynn

• esofva
    15 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about all of this!!! i just found this site and have been so excited!! We are moving next year to the house we have built to retire to and it is just now getting grass...no flowers, trees, shrubs!! SO... i have been trying to trade plants that I have a lot of for plants that I can plant there!!!
    Hope I don't get cheated but sounds like I can expect to be cheated 1/2 of the time!!!Deb
    http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/esofva

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb

• rayne
    15 years ago

I understand the frustration. If you'd like to try another exchange, go to American Ponders. I'm a member there too (as are many people here), and they're HONEST!

• cheerpeople
    15 years ago

I feel your pain. Your cheat rate was about what I was having. Hopefully you'll have the trade of a lifetime and renew your faith in humanity.
    I have 3 simple rules on my member page. It keeps me from being cheated here at all. It probably also cuts back on me getting very many trades ;-0

Karen

• sdavis
    15 years ago

I'd have to disagree about scamericanponders. I recognise numerous names who ripped off parcels, defrauded payments, sent dead tubers, crown rot infected plants.

• bunny56lbc
    15 years ago

I've traded/bought plants from good honest people from american ponders (I'm also a member). I don't know who you're talking about
    sdavis but all the one's I've delt with were good honest people . Not like so many people in here.

bonnie

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!