Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smb1_sunshinegg

WANTED: Low Light, Aquarium Plants (fresh water)

smb1_sunshinegg
15 years ago

Hi,

I currently have a 29 gallon aquarium and a newly establish 75 gallon aquarium. My shubunkins goldfish spawned with Comet goldfish in Dec. 2007 and the eggs hatched the day after Christmas. Now, I have a ton of baby goldfish that are apart of the family.

The problem is that the parent fish are 6'' in length and dig and eat all of the plants that I have purchased for the tank. The only lasting plant is the lucky bamboo. Which is not really meant for aquariums. I would prefer to have live plants verse having artificial. However, it is getting quite costly to keep purchasing plants that the fish use as food. It's not that they are not getting any food, believe me they are, it seems that they are just greedy. It beats me how they seem to destroy them in as little as two weeks.

Would anyone be willing to help me out with some aquarium plants? I have a nice establish garden and am willing to trade for durable, quality, low light aquariums (see my tradelist). In my request for low light, I do not have a grow light bulb on the tanks, just the standard florescent.

Thanks for reading and providing any

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA