Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Cyperus alternifolius - Umbrella grass clumps

Posted by texaspinkpixie none (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 0:53

It is that time of year again to start thinning some of the dynamic performers and this has been one of them. I have grown this in pots submerged in the stock tank pond.

I can send one or several fist sized clumps of roots/shoots tops intact if you want or trimmed back. Also have a few purple iris fans (unnamed) and some canna indica (light orange and yellow dainty blooms)tubers/ plants as well.

I am looking for trades of other pond or bog plants as I just recently set up a plant and 2 goldfish only pond with a resident bullfrog now (thanks Bonnie!!!) and I dont have any other water plants but the ones listed and the new lilies which wont be available for a little while as they are just establishing.

Please email me or post if interested Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Cyperus alternifolius - Umbrella grass clumps

I sure would be grateful for some... but my pond is so new that I have nothing worthy of trading. I do have postage, though.

o

Hey jennythegreat!
I sure can send some of this to get you up and going for postage. I tried to email you directly but your email is not avaialble. If you get this please contact me again and I will take a clump down and see how much it will be to mail it. They could probably be sent regular mail or if you prefer I could pack a medium flat rate box with some.
~Rebecca

o

I am interested in some of the Umbrella grass clumps if you still have any left. I have a small fan of Iris Vulva Red, and I will have to check but I think I still have lots of Water lettuce,Azolla, and Duckweed if you are interested. I will go to the greenhouse tomorrow and check to see what is still in the water vats. Thanks and let me know. Jackie

o

Hi Jackie,
I would love to trade! Duckweed and /or azolla sound great. I had bought a starter of azolla and put it in with the turtles and they ate it all. There is a tiny piece here and there but not much to be hopefull about. I tried to email you but it is not available on this site.

o

I'm good with either regular mail or a flat rate box, whichever works best for you. My mailbox is one of those group mailboxes so on the package you would have to write PERISHABLE or DELIVER TO DOOR or my plants get cooked if I'm not there to get them right away. Or just put them in a very large box that won't fit my mailbox package area. :D

o

Hi Jackie..sent you an email :)

Jenny, I cannot send you an email because it is not on your member page.It is not a good idea to post your address in the threads so please email me directly so we can figure out how you want them shipped and cost of shipping. I will be able to pack these up tomorrow and ship on Monday but I need an addy :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Aquatic Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here