Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
turtleguy89

HAVE: More Duckweed.....Again....

turtleguy89
18 years ago

Okay everyone... Its been almost two weeks, and it has grown back! I can get another 4 to 5 traders. I will take postage, but trades are priority. Just to mention, a few people reported having a snail or two in the duckweed. I understand that alot of people enjoy snail free ponds, so I apologize for that. I do a quarantine and chemical treatment 1 day before I ship, but it didn't work on the snails! I will pick them out this time. By the way, they haven't hurt my plants or fish...Algae on the other hand is another story...

Anyhow, you'll get quite a bit of "Greater" duckweed, mixed with a little "Lesser" duckweed, and a few specks of Azolla A.K.A. Fairymoss. That is just how it grows in my pond.

The people I have shipped to reported their fish eating half of it the second it hit the water. I have been raising Ten Feeder Comets on that stuff, and they haven't been able to slow it down. It reproduces quickly in still water. Keep in mind it is a surface floater, so it blocks out sunlight necessary for Algae growth. I can't promise miracles, but I have never had clearer water. Any questions, please post 'em or email 'em, I'd be happy to answer.

I LOVE playing "Let's make a Deal!"

Thanks,

Kenny

Comments (2)