Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Great price on bulk purchase small ziploc seed bags

for packing individual amounts.

I ordered the 2X2 because that is big enough, I think and they were $5.36 per 1000

$16.07 for 3000

$ 5.40 for UPS ground shipping to my zone

---------

$21.47 total

That's the best price I have found, and like the convenience of having them delivered to my door, and that amount will likely last a couple of years.

hth.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: International Plastics

Comments (16)

• yotetrapper
    14 years ago

3000 a couple years?!?!? Would last me a couple of decades! lol. Great price though, I pay that much per 100.

• lgslgs
    14 years ago

Yote - you pay that much per hundred? Time to get back to the Walmart store.

In their craft aisle they have 100 count packs of little ziplocks. The 2x3 size costs just under $1.00. Not as good as Sue's bargain, but not too bad.

Lynda

• yotetrapper
    14 years ago

Hmmmmmm never seen 'em in walmart and spend some time in the craft section, I'll have to look harder. That price I pay is the price Staples charges.

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

I sometimes have a hard time finding them and have to go to several walmart stores. A realitive of mine tells me that the dope dealers buy them to put their meth in. I always get funny looks when I buy 4 or 5 hunndred at a time but I don't care or offer an explanation.
    Sue, did you get a dear?
    jim_6b

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No Jim, no deer. The fact of the matter is that I only got to go for a short while 2 different evenings. The rest of the time I was either busy planting bulbs, or should have been busy planting bulbs, or else it was just not good hunting weather.

Sue

• always_beezee
    14 years ago

Sue can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Ohhh.........Hi Sue.

When you get ready for your next seed exchange advertisment let me know. I'm curious how the whole process works. I saw your previous ad with the new buyer format.It seemed to go good for both parties. I'll check back here but the test forum would probably be better.

Take care, Bernie

• always_beezee
    14 years ago

And another question for Sue or anybody else.

I clicked on the link 'the Special Instructions for the Exchange' and it really doesn't take me anywhere, just back to the discussion side of the Seed Exchange Forum.

I would like to read the rules.

Bernie

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Bernie!

Yes the link to the Special Instructions is broken and has been for some time. That was why I was really 'amazed' that the Test Forum got fixed as quickly as it did.

Anywho, I am the resident busy body here, and I started a thread with the Spec Instructions in them. We all then try to keep the thread 'bumped' up on page one.

Special Instructions for the Exchanges

When you get ready for your next seed exchange advertisment let me know. I'm curious how the whole process works.

Well, my 'advertisement' posts as you call them were actually offering up seeds for BEAP, bubble envelope and postage, and the amount was determined by how well the member was set up for the Seed Exchange.

Here is a link with instructions on how to get set up.addressing newbie and newer member issues-first draft.

You aren't set up very well...
    No member page email link.
    and email link is not set to be shown to members.
    You have nothing on your Seeds Wanted list.

No member page blurb...Come back here and holler if you have any trouble getting set up. I think you are just joshing me though.

Sue...resident busy body

• always_beezee
    14 years ago

Now Sue, I wouldn't josh you, pull your leg maybe but never joshing.

Resident busy body is an understatement. You're the Chief cook and bottle washer of this forum. I hope that everybody on this forum appreciates all of the hard work that you put into it. From what little that I have read over here, you are just as helpful as you are on the Test Forum.

Take care, Bernie.

• agirlsgirl
    14 years ago

You can also find the envies at craft stores like Pat Catans or Michaels! I pay 89 cents a pack at Pat Catans!;)

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey again Bernie,

The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of chief cooks and bottle washers here. Some folks even have their specialities, like giving seeds for postage, and of course protected in a BE...(ie bubble envelope, aka bubblie).

There are others that know a lot about certain plants, or maybe even all plants. Seed Saving, growing from seed...you name it. Someone here can and will be ready to help with any questions. Others host, or hostess big swaps on The Round Robin Forum.

We are a bunch of enablers, and see every newbie as a potential addict....

I'll let you know when I post my next offer.

I've been trying to get folks to stop over on the Test Forum and play with some HTML or pics, but haven't had many takers. Heck, maybe they stopped by though when the spam was at its worst and turned around and left.

Sue

• always_beezee
    14 years ago

I've been trying to get folks to stop over on the Test Forum and play with some HTML or pics, but haven't had many takers. Heck, maybe they stopped by though when the spam was at its worst and turned around and left.

I can tell of you now that the spam is all gone thanks to

Sherriff Twitchin' Sue

Maybe if they used HTML on their trading ads they could spruce up their ads instead of having loooowwww replies

What about making your ads a little more colorful.

How about a picture of the flower to go along with the seed.

Just some suggestions?

Bernie

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

Gimyfresds hasn't been back begging. Hee Hee!
    jim_6b

Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, the 3000 little zip top bags arrived Tuesday at my door via UPS, just 5 days after being ordered. This morning I got a call from the company wanting to verify that they had arrived and that I was satisfied with my order. I told them I was very pleased with my order and their service and would be recommending them to others.

Here's the link again, below, to those that were the most reasonably priced.

I hope everyone is staying warm.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: 2 Mil Blue Line Economy Ziplock Plastic Bags

• lgslgs
    14 years ago

So Sue - How many of them have you filled up already?

:)

Lynda

Original Author
    14 years ago

So Sue - How many of them have you filled up already?
    None so far. Last Thurs when I was packing a lot of seeds I thought I had run out of the little bags until I got to searching about in my seeds for trade, my stash, and my tomato box, and came up with 4 partial bags...whew. I knew then I'd best get some ordered as often I don't get into town for weeks at a time, and then there is just WM who carries them close by. If they happened to be out, I'd be sunk for a while. Some weeks I go through about 100, just with the few Seeds for Postage offers I've posted or a couple of other private offerings. I'm sure others go through a lot more of them, or else are buying something similar, or making up a lot of the folded paper ones. I don't have the patience to do that, though I do have the time.

Sue

Sponsored