Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovefarac1

have: older seeds for sasbe!

Melinda Hagen
11 years ago

I found some seeds stored in large coffee cans that belonged to my mother, who used to be a member here also, MargeC. There are also a few older seeds that I haven't used, but majority are from her seeds. They have been in cool, dry place. They range in age from 1999 to 2009. Of course newer ones are mine. But dont' have time to list all ages on these, if any one wants them just list what you want and send me an SASBE for them. If they don't go, will have to trash them. I have tons more to go through so just doing some at a time. Will list tons more as get through with these! Still have tons of tomatoes, peppers, melons, cucumbers, etc. to go through. Please post here so can keep track of it all! Thanks!
Lettuce--
green wave-small amt.
buttercrunch
black seeded simpson- 3 plus trades
iceberg- 2 plus trades
ruby-3 plus trades
mesclun mix
romaine
CARROTS--
danvers half long-3 plus trades
ARTICHOKRES-
green globe-2
imperial star
LEEK-
autumn giant-small amt.
Tadorna
giant leek
CABBAGE-
copenhagen market
early golden acre-4
salad delight
glory of enhuizen
all seasons hybrid blend
new jersey wakefield
RADISH-
white icicle-2
early scarlet globe-3 plus
sparkler white tip-2
chinese winter white
cherry belle-3
CAULIFLOWER-
white corona hybrid
snowball
PEAS-
large amount no name
wando
little marvel
alaska
ASPARAGUS-
Mary Washington-about an ounce with planting directions
PARSNIPS-
Hollow crown
RUTABAGA-
no name
ONION-
white lisbon bunching
green bunching-2
PUMPKIN ON A Stick
HARDY GREEN RHUBARB-3 plus 2009
Salsify

Comments (14)

• linzelu100
    11 years ago

I'd love to hear about the other types of vegetables you found. Like the tomatoes, peppers, bean, squash varities. That's very nice of you to share them. I'll keep my eyes open for any future posts from you.

• CRMW
    11 years ago

I work with a non profit community organization called coal river mountain watch. We are trying to start a community garden at our office in order to provide healthy local food to our community, and we have a limited budget for the project. I would be happy to send a self addressed stamped envelope along with some of our I love mountains schwag in exchange for some of your vegetable seeds, the easier to grow the better. The link to our group is attatched.

Here is a link that might be useful: coal river mountain watch home page

• lovemeflowers
    11 years ago

I would love to get some of the older seeds from you. I'm interested in mesclum mix, artichokes, and green rhubarb and anything else you would want to throw in...the more the merrier( I would flowers as well). You could take a peek at my list and see if I have anything you might want in trade..if not I can send a SASBE. Thank you for this wonderful offer

• LullabyF360
    11 years ago

I know you stated you haven't gone through the peppers yet, but I am interested in them :) If you can, tell me about many there are, so I can send a large enough envelope. I'm willing to take all of them :) I hope to hear from you soon :D

• pghgardengirl
    11 years ago

I am interested in the asparagus, green rhubarb, and all the leeks...Please let me know where to send the SASBE? I agree..very nice of you!!

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

pghgardengirl-I sent you an email. Couldn't reply to your post to me.
    CRMW- you need to send me your email or allow email to you as can't respond to your post! Thanks!
    Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

pghgardengirl-I sent you an email. Couldn't reply to your post to me.
    CRMW- you need to send me your email or allow email to you as can't respond to your post! Thanks!
    Melinda

• raylynn2
    11 years ago

I would love some seeds for sasbe I would love anything but would really love asparagus, rhubarb, leeks, melons, peas , artickokes ah anything:) lol

• leymayhugh
    11 years ago

If you get to the bottom and have any left, i'd like some! I am using my seeds to grow for my local food bank.. so i'm not picky just whatever is left over..

Thank you

• jhgarden9
    11 years ago

I'd love to get these:
    Lettuce: green wave, buttercrunch, black seeded simpson, ruby
    Cabbage: early golden acre, salad delight, glory of enhuizen
    and Artichokes.
    I have some unknown variety of broccoli seeds, new for this year. If you like some, I can send them to you. Thanks!

• becki25msmolly
    11 years ago

Hi I am very interested in any of the tomato and pepper and any melons that you may have. I would also like a sampling of all the greens that you have available. I can send a large manilla envelope. Thank you for sharing!!

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is an update on what is left!
    LETTUCE
    blackseeded simpson 1
    iceberg 2
    ruby 1
    romain 1
    CARROTS
    danvers half long
    RADISHES
    white icicle-2
    early scarlet globe-3 plus
    sparkler white tip-2
    chinese winter white
    cherry belle-3
    CAULIFLOWER-
    white corona hybrid
    snowball
    CABBAGE
    copenhagen market
    new jersey wakefield
    all seasons hybrid blend
    PARSNIPS
    Hollow Crown
    Rutabaga 1
    SALSIFY
    PUMPKIN ON A STICK-2
    ONION-
    white lisbon bunching
    green bunching-2

• Andyschmaandy
    11 years ago

Hi, I would like some carrots, parsnips and radishes. Whatever varieties you have left after my SASE gets to you. Please let me know where to send to.

Thanks!

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

These are all gone! This offer is closed. You can watch for more lists coming that say older seeds for sasbe!
    Thanks!

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio