Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smokey28777

WANTED: Retired and needing seeds

smokey28777
9 years ago

How wonderful each of you have been to offer seeds to me. I will be happy to send stamps to pay for the seeds if that would be appropriate. I am so excited about being retired and having the time to plan a flower garden . Im not sure how to post my address and contact each of you that offered to help Would someone advise me how to do this?

Once again thank each of you for your kindness in offering to help me get started on my dream garden!

Comments (4)

• aquawise
    9 years ago

I sent you a message! Happy Retirement

• User
    9 years ago

Unless you have a PO box, I would message users individually with your address, rather than post it on the forum. That would protect your privacy, at least a little bit.

If you click on a user's name, you should be taken to his or her page. Near the top of that page on the right should be a link that says "send me an email" or something similar. That makes it easy to share your info with just the one user, vs all of us. (And the public at large, for that matter, since anyone can view these threads.)

• zzackey
    9 years ago

I have extra seeds. Do you just want flower seeds? For a self addressed envelope with 4 stamps I can send you alot of seeds. I have some veggie seeds to if you want some. People here were very generous when I was a newby, I don't mind paying it forward.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

Go to the bottom of the page and click on Member Pages.
    Then click on "Exchange List". There are 4 categories:
    1. seeds you have (to trade)
    2. seeds you want (to trade)
    3. plants you have (to trade)
    4. plants you want (to trade)
    Even though you don't have seeds right now to trade, start filling in what seeds you would like. Some of us crazy people out here love to send seeds to people who will appreciate them. Since you're in a very different zone than I am, I am not sure what will grow well or what you would like. What grows here as an annual might be a perennial for you.
    If you can, put down the name and the latin name. That's because what I call a morning glory is different than what Californians call a morning glory.
    It's your list and you can be specific or general, but the more information you put the better it will be. Examples:
    -Love orange flowers. Send anything orange or peach.
    -No daylilies please.
    -Trying to attract butterflies. Would like seeds that are butterfly magnets.
    -Want edibles of any kind.
    Those are examples. You can do what you want.
    If you click on my name and then "Send an Email" I can send you seeds, too. Saving seeds for many of us is an addiction. Then our seeds become our babies and it's like finding a good home for a puppy. We want someone who will appreciate the seeds!
    Glad to have you at GW!
    Heidi

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH