Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sazzyrose

New Computer

sazzyrose
17 years ago

My new computer has arrived. I actually got it on Wednesday, but they didn't put in a dial-up modem in like I requested, so I had to make a trip to get one installed before I could hook up to the net.

Then last night and today I spent downloading Avast and AntiVir Classic which are both free Anti Virus software and highly recommended. I also installed Spyware Terminator (a free spyware remover) and EasyCleaner (a registry cleaner)which are also free downloads.(Also the best of the freebies)

I've been running Avast on my older computer for the last 1 1/2 years and have been very happy with it. It cleaned out a lot of virus' that Norton had let through when I first installed it. And tonight I installed EasyCleaner on my old computer as well. Oh my, is there a lot of useless crap on there. I have started removing unwanted files from it,and the speed of it has improved. I'm going to play with it a bit to make sure that I haven't wrecked anything before I continue. I was using CCleaner on the old one, but Easy looks for additional stuff like duplicate and unnecessary files.

I also installed Firefox (and Opera which is supposedly faster yet) Limewire, iTunes, PowerPoint Viewer and a whole lot of other things.

My house looks like I've been playing on the computer as well. Tomorrows job.

Shelley

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor