Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Computer

Posted by sazzyrose 2b Sk (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 7, 07 at 2:53

My new computer has arrived. I actually got it on Wednesday, but they didn't put in a dial-up modem in like I requested, so I had to make a trip to get one installed before I could hook up to the net.

Then last night and today I spent downloading Avast and AntiVir Classic which are both free Anti Virus software and highly recommended. I also installed Spyware Terminator (a free spyware remover) and EasyCleaner (a registry cleaner)which are also free downloads.(Also the best of the freebies)

I've been running Avast on my older computer for the last 1 1/2 years and have been very happy with it. It cleaned out a lot of virus' that Norton had let through when I first installed it. And tonight I installed EasyCleaner on my old computer as well. Oh my, is there a lot of useless crap on there. I have started removing unwanted files from it,and the speed of it has improved. I'm going to play with it a bit to make sure that I haven't wrecked anything before I continue. I was using CCleaner on the old one, but Easy looks for additional stuff like duplicate and unnecessary files.

I also installed Firefox (and Opera which is supposedly faster yet) Limewire, iTunes, PowerPoint Viewer and a whole lot of other things.
My house looks like I've been playing on the computer as well. Tomorrows job.

Shelley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Computer

Are you still getting good speed with Dial-Up? I'm so glad that we got wireless high-speed, what a difference that made, especially with all the photos in the gallery ;)

I've been on the computer all day too (got a cold and trying to figure out what I need for seeds), I guess I should clean house tomorrow as well.

Sharon

o

Shelley, did you get a Mac or is iTunes now available for a PC? What is limewire like to use? I use Acquisition which I'm quite happy with. They let you know when the new one is available to download plus it is easy to navigate.

My house needs cleaning too but I don't know if I'll get it done. Went to emerge last night since my abdominal pain is back. It has been for a couple of months now. Turns out I have an infection of some type some where. So lots of antibiotics and I'm to go back if anything changes. Not good. I'd just like to know where the infection is.

Syreeta (Who is in a lot of pain right now.)

o

Oh dear Syreeta, that's not good, hopefully the antibiotics will get rid of it.

o

Thanks Sharon, I just got back from emerge again. My temperature is gone but I was vomiting. Whether it was from the pain, infection or drugs they don't know. I'm suppose to go back later for another shot of Demerol if the pain comes back to try and break the cycle.

Syreeta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here