Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northspruce

Hibernation

northspruce
18 years ago

Helllooooo everyone! I have ended my hibernation and am ready to think about gardening again. :) My dear friend Sierra dug me out of my snow drift and pointed out that I haven't been on the forum for awhile... glad to see it's picking up again. Missed y'all. Hope everyone's had a good December.

OMG it's only 3 months until spring!!! (If we're lucky) Yay!

Comments (9)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

Are you getting the same mild weather we are? Makes spring seem a little bit nearer!

• northspruce
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yeah seriously it hasn't been far from zero for the last few weeks. Fine by me! Actually it seems like winter never really got going yet... I think we had one or two days of about -25 but no cold snap to speak of. Do the "stay warm right through to spring" dance with me!

• crazymaisy
    18 years ago

Good to see you back Gillian! Yup, I'm getting spring fever too!

The weather here is awesome, I said in another post that if this keep up I'll be changing my zone to zone 5-6!

Sharon
    aka Crazy_Gardener

• luv2gro
    18 years ago

Wondered where you got to, Gillian.

I'm just getting back regularly, too, after a job took me away from here and my family. Gee, I could see something like that taking me away from my family, but FN forum . . . now, THAT is intolerable. LOL. So, no more work. I quit. And boy, am I ever glad to be back. I've missed everyone, too. Actually, I think my family is kinda happy I'm home again, also.

Nice to see all of us getting back. It was awfully quiet around here for awhile.

Shauna

• northspruce
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sharon, new name?? I was wondering who this maizy person was who knew me!

Shauna good to see you back too, I remember you mentioned a new job then vanished. You will have to be more careful in the interview process from now on. Make sure you ask if it's a desk job with internet access and very little supervision... you are needed on GW... LOL :)

• alalbertaz2b
    18 years ago

Welcome back NS!! Its been pretty dead around here for the last couple of weeks. Nice to see some of the regulars back.
    Lots of changes going on with this forum hope they are for the best.

I also changed employers as of December 1,2005. I do not know if it is for the best as with the lack of snow I haven't been working near as much as I was. I know everyone really likes the warm weather and no snow; but it does create work!! Now enough ranting. The plus of all this is I am able to log in here more regularly.

Cheers Al

• luv2gro
    18 years ago

Thanks, Gil. It's so nice to feel wanted. : )

Al, you are so right about the snow creating jobs. I was just thinking that when I read in the paper how much the city is saving on snow removal this year. Although, it could change in a flash in Jan/Feb. couldn't it?

Shauna

• sierra_z2b
    18 years ago

Hey northspruce.....nice to see you back! Three months huh

Sigh

Sierra

• CrazyDaisy_68
    18 years ago

Shauna, I was thinking the same thing when the Mayor was mentioning the savings! My brother (in Ontario) does landscaping in the summer and snowremoval in the winter, so yeah, on years when he is home alot during the winter is really hurts.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor