Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ok Marcia, Pictures of My woodworking Projects!

Posted by alalbertaz2b z2 AB (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 9, 11 at 19:55

I replied to Marcia's thread about her new addition to her family awhile back and she wanted me to post some pics of some of my woodworking projects. I used to do a lot of gardening amd was a active member here but I got into woodworking and have planted mostly perennials in my garden to cut down on the work! Here are a few pictures of some of the items I have made.

A fancy jewelery box called 'Ophidian'

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Some christmas tree ornaments that I made on my lathe!

Toothpick holder

A couple of pens!

I hope you like my efforts at woodworking. It keeps me busy although this winter I have not been in my shop much because we are very busy at work!!

Cheers Al

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ok Marcia, Pictures of My woodworking Projects!

Hi Al, we've missed you, it's been ages! Your woodworking is getting really excellent. I especially like the tree ornaments. :0)

o

And i finally checked in here! LOL

Wow, Al, everything is lovely, especially, as Gil said, the ornaments! I really like the look of highly varnished wood - it's so pretty. Are you able to sell much? I think that's what you were doing.

Feel free to post more!

o

Hi Gil and Marcia, it is nice to touch base with you gals again! I see a few of the familiar names here but some are gone. What happened to Sharon the 'Crazy Gardener" she was very active on this site.
Yes I sell a lot of my woodwork at craft sales and locally by word of mouth. I do not make much money with it but it buys me some tools and supplies to keep me going. I am active on a couple of woodworking forums and get a lot of ideas from there. The internet is also a good source of ideas. Some more of my wood work for you ladies and any others that wish to comment!
A clock I made for a wedding present for my nephew!

Some pens made using a rifle cartridge and deer antler, with a rifle style of clip ( for hunters)

Another fancy jewelery box called 'Shroom'

Some Christmas tree ornaments

Photobucket

Cheers Al

o

Love the birds, Al! Everything is so intricate, too. I guess even if you don't make much money at it, it satisfies the artist in you. :)

Sharon has been MIA for quite awhile. She's on Facebook, so we still hear from her, but i wish she would come back here too because she's a wealth of information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here