Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

My New Baby!

Crazy_Gardener
16 years ago

He's name is Nick.

{{gwi:691247}}

{{gwi:691250}}
Border Collie/ Blue Heeler/ Black Lab mix.

I just love him so much even though I told DH I didn't want anymore pets. :)

Sharon

Comments (44)

• garden_chicken
    16 years ago

Awww Sharon, he's adorable! That combination of breeds should make for one very intelligent, well behaved dog. You know, the ones with the spotty toes are always rascal's when they're young... ;)

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh for sure GC, I noticed that. When he came home he was so shy and quiet, well today he is a lit' rascal! He is adorable and he's a good kisser too ;)

Sharon

• xtreme_gardener
    16 years ago

Congratulations, Sharon! He looks very intelligent already.
    We have two brothers of the very same mixture as well as a female Lab/Heeler and would get them all again in a heart beat! They've made very good all around farm/yard/people dogs. The Lab seems to mellow out the spastic collie tendencies and they are very content to lay around in the sun or come and help with the cattle as soon as the action starts...but no sooner! And they're so much fun in the water.
    You're going to have a lot of fun with him!
    Toots

• verenap
    16 years ago

Awww...He's so cute!!

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ooooh good, I'm glad to hear that they are intelligent dogs.
    Right now I'm wondering if he didn't get dropped on his head when he was born, he's crazy right now!!! LOL

Thankfully Maisy our Golden Retriever is putting him in his place ;)

Thanks gals!
    Sharon

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

Congrats on the new member of the family Sharon!
    High intelligence and "busy" breeds mixed in there:)
    as much as people think herding and sporting dogs need exercise, they need just as much mental "exercise" too.
    But because of that intelligence, they are VERY quick learners!!
    Debbie

• northspruce
    15 years ago

I just saw him on Facebook, awww he's so cute! I can almost smell his little puppy breath and fur. Yup Missie has spots on her toes too, she's a bad one... look out, LOL. So jealous...

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Gil, yeah, I'm jealous of your real baby :)

Deb, did you mention that you have a new puppy too?

Indeed he is busy!

Sharon

• Pudge 2b
    15 years ago

Oh, he's a handsome fella. There is just *nothing* like a puppy! I'm sure Maisy is having fun with him, too.

• sazzyrose
    15 years ago

A very nice looking puppy, Sharon.

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I don't know about that Pudge, sometimes he get on her nerves but Maisy does make sure who's boss with one growl or snap of the teeth. Nick wants to chew on Maisy's damn collar all the time which makes her mad.

Where is DH who wanted this puppy and who should be training right now, you guessed it, the LAZY BOY this fine Sunday evening!!!

Sharon

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

Congratulations, Sharon! What made you decide to get another dog? He sure is a little cutie! Our son's female Golden is finally pregnant (they think), and i was afraid dh would want a puppy but he said today that there was no way. Just watch! LOL Then i'll be in the same position as you - training a puppy while dh snores in front of the tv!

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did NOT want another dog! When DH told me that his co-worker had puppies to give away, I told him NO WAY, he totally ignored me and brought it home anyways.

He is so adorable but I know that I will be the one looking after it.

I'll pray for you Marcia ;)

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

He is a cutie, Sharon! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with him.

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Laurie, he does grow on you ;)

Today I was teaching him not to go in the garden areas, he does listen, will see this season ;)

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

Deb, did you mention that you have a new puppy too?

Hi Sharon...I left for the dog show in Red Deer on thursday for the weekend, otherwise, I would of answered you back sooner.
    and yes...my brat has been here since the end of October, and she is an Australian Shepherd. My crew here range from 5yrs to 16yrs old, so believe you me, we took all winter to get use to Miss Favor! LOLS
    With the new beds I have started the past two years, all the gang know that even if going top speed chasing eachother that they do NOT trample or race through the plants. Now the fun of training a puppy!
    I hope we won't have to commiserate with eachother down the road:)
    Deb

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Deb, I would love to see a photo of your doggies too!

That is my main concern too, my plants. I remember years ago when training Maisy, she dug once, she got a good pat on the bum and a good talking too and she never did it again. She knows not to go in Momma's gardens. I hope its that easy again. ;)

Sharon

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

Remember a few years ago when Red was the damn-digging-dog? LOL He's a good boy, but he just loved to dig when he was a youngster. He knows now he isn't supposed to go into the gardens but sometimes mice or birds just tempt him too much. And the summer when Eddie was living next door with his puppy (the daddy of the maybe babies now) - that was awful! Diesel and Red would chase all over the place and things got trampled. I have a little raised bed in front of the house that i try to seed salad things in early in the spring (faces south) - that year, i raked it all up, seeded it, and then later looked outside to see Diesel sleeping on it!!!!!!!!!!

• prairierose
    15 years ago

I'm hoping Blizzard has grown up enough this year. He's mostly lab, so it may take another year. Last year his biggest thing was digging in my flowerpots. The small ones he could empty right out, then he'd drag them around and chew on them. The bigger ones, like the half-barrels, he just dug in - and slept in on occasion. He also liked to swim in the pond, and caught a couple of the fish. (Fingers crossed)

Connie

• garden_chicken
    15 years ago

Connie, I hope you're one of the lucky ones whose 'mostly lab' settles down after a year or two... our 'mostly lab' is 14 years old - we kept waiting & waiting, and saying 'next year she'll mellow out'. Hasn't happened yet, she's still nuts. At least she stays out of the flowerbeds & potted plants. :)

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

I'm afraid I haven't figured out this posting pic thingy yet. (I am computer illiterate the majority of the time:)
    otherwise I would post a pic of Favor.
    But unfortunately, "it" has begun with the extreme pruning of my BEAUTIFUL leafed out winnepeg parks rose:(
    I bought one a month ago and potted it up, it was growing great guns and the other night things were just a tad too quiet out in my porch. Went to check on where Favor was and she was caught with a mouth full of the evidence and she totally trashed all growth. While cleaning up the mess, she had the audacity to pluck a dahlia out of another pot to gingerly carry back to her kennel....grrr!!!
    The funny part (if there was any humor to be found at that moment) was that all the older dogs stood watching her and almost looked like they were saying "oh boy, you are in sooooooooo much trouble kiddo!"

So now the xpen I use to keep pups "in" a contained space, is now protecting all my plants! HA!
    Debbie

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

I think I figured this out (I hope! LOLS)
    This is Favor thinking seriously of digging a hole to bury her newly found bone.

{{gwi:691253}}

and in both pics, on top of my new beds!

{{gwi:691256}}

Deb

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb, what a good looking dog! Is he a Australian Shepherd?

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

Yes Sharon, she is an Australian Shepherd
    right now, she is in my bad books big time!
    She obviously has a fetish for rose bushes...I uncovered my roses this weekend and while cleaning up all that &%$#@! straw (will be growing wheat all summer now...arggh!)
    anyways, off on a different tangent here, but while cleaning up the mess around the roses, and not paying attention to "her", she proceded to chew the living daylights out of my Chicago Peace! I am just stunned that she would choose something that has thorns?!
    she is walking a very fine line from here on in with the garden....
    Deb

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Deb, of all plants, maybe she's part DEER!

I noticed this morning that my cement bird feeder fell to the ground, can't really blame Nick since I didn't see it but I have my suspicion it was him.
    Thank goodness it didn't crack.

Oh yes, can't find my left slipper ;(

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

LOLS...oh Sharon...we need to quit before we cry! when my girl was your boy Nicks age, we had already gone through two separate slipper sets. Lost the toe in one and the rubber bottom in the other.
    Just have to tell ourselves that they DO grow up someday
    Deb

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:691259}}
    Nick is growing like a weed!

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:691261}}
    {{gwi:691263}}
    {{gwi:691264}}
    {{gwi:691265}}
    My other new baby! Meet lit' Panda, heÂs 8 weeks old and is a purebred Shih Tzu. He is the lit' sweetest bundle of joy. I brought him home last evening from work. One of the residents family was selling them so of course I said why not.

Nick and Maisy love him. Cletis my cat is not too sure right now ;)

Sharon

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

oh my goodness, he is so cute! You will have as many dogs as I at this rate! LOLS
    congrats on the new puppy!
    Deb

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL, Gil said the same thing.

I guess he is not purebred Shih Tzu, he has 1/4 Bichon Frisé. I just love him soooooo much!

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

2 new puppies in the same summer. Are you crazy??? :)

Panda is so cute! Will he be the indoor dog and Nick the outside dog?

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes Brenda, I am really crazy to be training two new puppies at this time of year, I know.... LOL

Maisy and Nick spend most of the day outside if its nice outdoors, they come in at night and sleep in the mudroom.

Cletis and Panda are indoor pets, Panda will go outside to pee and play but he will have to have DH or me to supervise him at all times. He is so tiny that I could see a hawk pick him up in one scoop!

Cletis has never been outdoors, he is declawed so he would not be able to defend himself. However he is a great mouser indoors.

Then we have 4 barn cats outdoors ;)

{{gwi:691266}}
    Cletis

{{gwi:691267}}
    Maisy

Sharon

• northspruce
    15 years ago

OMG I just died of cuteness! Give Panda's little teddy bear nose a kiss for me!!

• sazzyrose
    15 years ago

You are going to be a busy girl Sharon.

Love the new puppy.

Shelley

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Oh my Panda is cuuute! All wiggles and fuzz :) And those legs on Nick! What a comical little face he has.
    Just a word of encouragement...when we got three pups instead of the planned 2 (which I was already scared of!) it really wasn't that much more work. Everything just became a group effort...so now they all sit and stay at the same time. Heck, they still go 'do they're bizness' together! I'm sure Nick will learn alot from Maisy, too. Hopefully the rules of the garden!

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nick does have nice legs doesn't he! I think he's going to be tall! Boy can he run!

It's really not that much work having 3 dogs, Panda is already paper trained and Nick is nearly there. I guess by watching Maisy he is picking up the house training fast.

Panda had his first bath yesterday, he was so scared. Poor lit' thing was shaking so bad. Today he's a happy camper ;)

Panda has an appointment on the 7th for his first shots and Nick has an app' on the 8th to get neutered.

Sharon

• ginger57
    15 years ago

Such nice pic's of everybody's fur babies. Crazy you are going to have fun with two puppies!
    Here is a pic of mine after getting heck for hiding his bone in the flower bed

{{gwi:691268}}

• northspruce
    15 years ago

OMG I just died of cuteness again! Ginger57, what's the little fella's name?

• ginger57
    15 years ago

Northspruce his name is Murphy and he is a complete baby. Not an alpha dog bone in his body lol

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Awwww, what a little cutie Ginger! What's the breed?
    You have your petunias set out already? ;)

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

I agree...verrrrrrrrry cute! what an expression:)
    Deb

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

New photos, can you tell I'm a proud Momma! LOL
    I just love them so much and they are both such good puppies.

{{gwi:691269}}
    {{gwi:691270}}
    {{gwi:691271}}
    {{gwi:691272}}
    {{gwi:691273}}
    {{gwi:691274}}
    {{gwi:691275}}
    {{gwi:691277}}

Sharon

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Update photos of my boys ;)
    {{gwi:691278}}
    Panda

{{gwi:691279}}
    Nick

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    14 years ago

Sure you don't want another boy Sharon? Jack is still looking for a home and his dad is beating on him and he is soooo cute and cuddly and he is a great watch dog and he LOVES to romp in the country and, and, and........... Did I mention he is black and white?

Such handsome furkids! I can never resist an opportunity to talk about pets! I have five shelties and all of them are black and white in some way or another. Jack, however, must go to a forever home since his dad will never allow another male on HIS property! Jack is only six months old but that is the age of consent as far as his dad is concerned! Time to move out! If anyone is interested send me an email

Always so proud to be the centre of someones univers even if it is my dog's!

Keep the pics coming!

Ginny

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia