Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

Happy Victoria Day!

Crazy_Gardener
17 years ago

It is the Victoria Day long weekend for the Canadians and out here on the West, if you're not going away camping, you are working in the garden ;)

Have a good one and drive safe if you're to be going away.

I have to work, but do have Monday off ;)

Sharon

Comments (8)

• alalbertaz2b
    17 years ago

Happy Victoria Day weekend to everyone!!! I will be spending part of the weekend outside in my garden and part of the time in my shop as I have a woodworking project on the go right now (another large clock).:>)

We are off on Sunday to our daughters for my grandaughters birthday and a feast.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

Cheers Al

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Happy May Long to you all!

Today is coooooooold and windy, so we're heading to town - possibly to a nursery! Hee hee hee! :) Tomorrow and Monday will be garden time - supposed to be a lot warmer. Yay!

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

Happy Victoria Day Weekend to everyone!

It's cooler and rainier today so I'm taking a break from gardening today... but planning some projects! Hahaha!

Ang

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

I'll be busy trucking dirt and plantings lots this weekend, DH is going to work on the drainage ditches this weekend and try to get more dug. We'll see how much he does as a friend already phoned to see if he wanted to got fishing. Unfortunately the weekend starts off on a bad note. I'm leaving in an hour for our neighbours 17 year old sons memorial service. He was in a motorcross accident last weekend where another racer landed on him and broke his spinal cord. They airlifted him to Edmonton but they couldn't do anything to save him. On that note I'd better go get ready.

Syreeta

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Oh, Syreeta, what a terrible thing to happen. That just shouldn't happen to anyone. Way, way too young.

I'm going to go hug my boys now......

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Yeah how awful Syreeta, sorry to hear it. I had to work today and DH works all weekend so no long weekend for us :0(
    Tomorrow I am going over to help my neighbour with her garage sale - they're moving to BC. Sad, they were good neighbours. Oh well.

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Syreeta, thats so sad! Hugs!

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

Thanks guys, the parents are having a really hard time with it. I don't know how his younger sister is doing. Then the neighbour behind us, well his son was best friends with the boy who died. He is taking it really hard. Kory (the boy who died), was really into the outdoors, he fished, hunted, camped, snowmobiled, rode his quad, you name it he did it. Well the parents and close friends all rode quads in a procession to where the memorial was being held. The parents were at the front of the line with both Grandfathers behind them. It was very touching.

To end on a happy note, I'll tell you a story they told about him yesterday that made me smile and laugh. Apparently his parents went away for the weekend and left him alone. Fishing season hadn't started yet and he really wanted to go fishing. So... him the other boy behind us figured out a way to fish. They found a really small hook, baited it with a piece of corn, dropped it in the water and waited. (The other boy was video taping the whole thing.) Guess what, he got a bite and caught a goldfish! The two of them were busy fishing in the fish tank in the livingroom! Which since they video tapped the whole thing and didn't erase it they were busted when my Mom and Dad came home and wondered where some of their fish were.

Syreeta

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?