17 years ago

Hope you have a great day!

{{gwi:692558}}

Laurie

Comments (19)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Happy birthday, Brenda! What a great time for a birthday - even better than May! LOL Hope you have a great day out in the garden, which is the best way to spend a birthday, IMHO. :)

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Gemini traits....
    Adaptable and versatile
    Communicative and witty
    Intellectual and eloquent
    Youthful and lively

That's you Brenda, have a great wonderful day!

Hugs,
    Sharon

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Oops, for some reason Laurie your cake didn't show up when I first clicked on this thread, I didn't realize you made a birthday cake for Brenda too. Eat up girlfriends, we have 2 cakes now ;)

Sharon

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Brenda! :0D

(I want extra icing since there's 2 cakes)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL I can feel the extra pounds coming on from all this cake! Mind you, that's probably not from these virtual cakes, it's more likely from the ice cream cake we had last night for DS birthday party. Today's his birthday too, we just had the kid's party last night. Glad that's over with!!

• zone_envy
    17 years ago

Happy Birhtday Brenda! Hope you had a great day:)

Cindy

• maggiemae
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Brenda--at least I got to give her a hug. She picked me up at 7:15 this morning, and did we ever do a pile of garage sales!! What a way to spend a birthday. Got back about 12:30, and the car was full. We picked up a lot of good bargains and had a great morning. Will probably do it again next week! Hugs and luvs, Brenda

• alalbertaz2b
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Brenda! Garage sailing sounds like the kind of fun to do on one's birthday. I love them!! The only problem when you live in a small town is there isn't that many. Oh well!!

Cheers Al

• sazzyrose
    17 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA!!! Hope you had a good day.
    Shelley

• savona
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Brenda..looks like the day started off really well, I hope you had a wonderful day with lots of spoiling..savona

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

Thanks a lot you guys!!! I really appreciate the two birthday cakes! Now, I believe all that icing and the candles was just a coverup for a tasty chocolate cappichino cheesecake and a snickers chocolate cheesecake. I needed 2 cheesecakes 'cause everyone in the FN was able then to have some. They were sooo good!

Back to reality.

At 3:00am our 20 year old son woke us up to tell us that he brought a few friends home and they were going to use the hot tub. At 5:30 he woke us up again to ask us if he was in trouble...he had driven his friends back to their homes and on the way back here to our home, came across a drunk driver who had just finished totalling her car in the ditch. She asked for a ride to her home and so, he obliged and now wanted to know if he would be in trouble legally. We told him that no, since she did not hit anyone, it would be considered a single vehicle accident and it would be her choice to leave her car and go home for a few hours. By that time I was wide awake.

So I got up, checked the FN and made my list/map for garage sales.

Yes, Marg and I went garage saling. It was great! We had a wonderful time. What better way to spend a birthday than to do something you love to do with a very special friend. I bought stuff for the new office...2 clocks, coffee table and end tables, leather chair and ottoman...even a garbage can.

For me,

a spagetti strapped top (its original owner went to Thailand, bought it there and it shrunk so she couldn't wear it anymore...fits me perfectly),

assorted scented body lotions (working in the garden in summer makes my feet and hands so dry I use a lot of lotion and love all the assorted scents out there these days),

scrapbooking paper and stickers (someday I will get back into my stuff, maybe when things get slow at the office this winter),

Partylite candle,

christmas ornaments,

tupperware (an oval 2 and oval 5 modular mate to go along with all my other modular mates with the assorted colored lids already at home),

huge huge shallow wicker basket with a handle to plant up. Marg and I thought that petunias would look great in there. Marg thought it was large enough to plant 12 petunias in. So, today's job...

A picture frame with dragonflies all around the frame, etc, etc.

To go garage saling with someone who shares the same interests is wonderful...they can see an item and know exactly what you will do with it to make it better. Marg bought a number of baskets that, with a touch of paint, would look awesome.

One garage sale we went to had some plants in the landscaping that we did not know. After talking to the owner, she gave me a baby and I will be posting a picture of its leaves later this week, when I get time, for you all to identify for me. She did not know what it could be.

I had to make my own lunch and lunch for my DH and DS (who were mowing grass in the yard when I arrived home). I needed to have seafood at least once on my birthday so I made us some shrimp alfredo for lunch.

In the afternoon I walked around my garden, taking pictures of my flowers blooming today. My DH and I went back to Brandon and picked up the furniture I purchased in the morning and took it to the office.

My DD and her husband came over for supper, played Taboo, went for a walk down the country road (us and the dogs) and then came back to nibble on pineapple and watch a movie, the Wedding Crashers (a very morally wrong, lighthearted comedy). A great way to spend the evening, with family, doing no work.

For my birthday cake today my DH bought two 1/4 cheesecakes from the best bakery in town, Sweet Temptations. I had my choice of a cappichino or a Snickers chocolate cheesecake.

My DD and her husband gave me $ to buy plants and my DH bought me a new watch. My youngest son has been at a track and field meet near Winnipeg for the last few days and told me that I would get my present from him today. My 20 year old son also today.

My DH bought a prime rib roast and we will be having a family supper here today 'cause my DD turns 21 tomorrow.

Saturday turned out to be a wonderful day. Thanks for the 2 cakes! You all on the FN share the same passion for gardening as I do, and I am having a wonderful time getting to know you all better!

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Whew Brenda, what a day for you!

OMG, snickers chocolate cheesecake, do you realize its only 7:24 am, my mouth is drooling and now I'm craving cheesecake! However, living in Hicktown the only source of C/C is Extra foods! Not the same ;)

Sharon

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

I also don't care what time of the day it is...chocolate cheesecake sounds and tastes wonderful.

Brenda

• maggiemuffin360
    17 years ago

Happy (belated) Birthday, Brenda.
    Sounds like you had a delightful day.
    I'm in awe of your garage sailing prowess....from that list, I've got to say that you are 'the queen' of garage sailing!
    Margaret

• sierra_z2b
    17 years ago

Ooopppsss, sorry I missed the party. Happy belated Birthday Brenda. I have been lost it a sea of green the last few weeks. LOL! I am starting to find my out. Ha.

Sierra

• prairierose
    17 years ago

Belated Happy Birthday Brenda. Sharon, you do realize that cheesecake for breakfast should be eaten with fruit. That way you get some grain (I think graham crumbs count), some milk, and some fruit!LOL
    Connie

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Oh yes, all the food groups, I never thought of that! LOL

Sharon

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

Connie, I think that would make a wonderful breakfast. There is also protein in it too (some cheesecakes have eggs in them) so we would get our 'meat'.

Actually, all the cheesecake is now gone. We had it with our Sunday birthday supper along with mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus from the garden, prime rib roast and a spinach vinegarette salad. Then my mom and I spent an hour or two wandering around my yard.

And yes, I love garage sales but...so does Marg and she did good in the barginning too. Yes, I will pick you (Marg) up at 7:15 this next Saturday. Anyone else want to come to Brandon and go saling with us???

Brenda

• SeaOtterCove
    17 years ago

Happy belated Birthday Brenda!

Syreeta

Sponsored
Potomac Shores Cabinetry
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Loudoun County's Well-Designed Spaces and Custom Crafted Cabinetry