Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

Photobucket Help

Crazy_Gardener
17 years ago

Connie,

To post your phots in the Gallery, copy and paste the middle code which says Tag. This is the html tag for your image to show up. Also go to your account option right in the top right hand corner and make sure that this tag is turned on, as well make your photos public.

Hope this helps.

Sharon

Comments (14)

• prairierose
    17 years ago

Thanks, Sharon. I'm going to try it at lunchtime.
    Connie

• prairierose
    17 years ago

Well, still no luck. I probably copied them into Photobucket wrong, or I'm copying the tag wrong, or something. I'll get my middle DS to give me a hand later in the week, after the 4-H show (tomorrow). Thanks, Sharon.
    Connie

• prairierose
    17 years ago

Okay - try again. Smart kid showed me what I was doing wrong. This is my big white rose, which I love because it's first, smells good (like wild roses), and is a real eyecatcher. (Sorry, didn't want to move the truck - it was 6 AM and everyone else was still sleeping)
    Connie{{gwi:692642}}

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ahhh, its working, good for you... only thing is Connie is that your photo is too large for websites viewing, its going way over on the right side of my screen.

Your camera is set at 1136x852 pixels, can you ask smart kind to change the setting on your camera to 640x480 to make it smaller?

You can also use Photobucket to resize your photos as well. If you click on Edit, there you can resize to 25,50,75%.

• prairierose
    17 years ago

Sorry - I'll figure it out. How do you tell? On my screen it doesn't show as being as wide as the writing, and the photobucket sizing at 25% made it into thumbnail size. Does 50 or 75 usually work well?
    Connie

• northspruce
    17 years ago

OMG! That is a nice rose!

Depending on the size and resolution of your monitor the pics might look ok to you but way too big for others. On my computer at home it looks fine but at work it would be way too big.

Important tip! When you go into Photobucket and resize it (try 75% to start with), it will still show full-size on Gardenweb until you "Refresh" your browser! So don't keep going back and making it smaller and smaller, wondering why it's not shrinking.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Connie, explain the PVC pipe! Is it like my DIY eavestroughs? If i had some of that along the ground, the weeds would be growing right through it!! LOL

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That's weird Connie, perhaps do you have a wide screen monitor, I think ours is only a 15" monitor if that makes the difference?

I forgot to comment on your white rose, duh of me, its beautiful and huge! Do you know the name?

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

That's one monster of a rose! Just awesome!

For resizing pictures for gardenweb, you're supposed to keep them under 60k, but sometimes even that can be a bit big. Most of my pictures are between 30-50k. No one's complained yet about there size, so I think they're ok. When you click on the edit feature of a picture, it'll tell you how large it is presently and you'll know how much to resize. For example, if it says that the pic is 120k, you'd probably want to reduce it by 50% and it should be the right size then.

Good luck and keep practicing, as I want to see the rest of your gardens if you can grow a rose that big!!lol

Laurie

• zone_envy
    17 years ago

What a beautiful rose, Connie! It's HUGE - the smell must be intoxicating!

Cindy

• prairierose
    17 years ago

Sharon and everyone, thanks so much for your help. i've just printed off this whole topic, so I have my directions close at hand. When I clicked refresh on my screen, that picture got HUGE! Marcia, the PVC pipe was a drain-pipe for the eavestroughs. Since we changed things, it doesn't really work anymore, I just haven't moved it yet. I really need to dig a bit of a trench where it is so the water doesn't all run into my parking spot. Speaking of water, we finally got 1" of rain yesterday. It smells so good outside, but it did knock the rest of the petals off the rose, so it's done for the year. I think the rose is a Scotch Altai rose - It has wild-rose type flowers, and blooms only once, is incredibly tough, and suckers, though not badly. My MIL got it in a "hedge rose" bundle from the county tree program; it was the only white one. We took out the rest when we turned her tiny patch of grass into a big flower bed. The thing is about 8 feet tall and 10 feet wide, and every couple of years I prune about a third of the branches out of it. I do need to trim a few branches. It keeps attacking when when I walk by. Well, I have the day off, and have made chili already. I'm heading out into the wonderful wet to plant more stuff.
    Connie

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Connie, an easier way is to adjust your settings (compression/ resolutions) on your camera, that way you won't have to resize at photobucket. Do you know how to do that on your camera?

We are finally getting some good rain here too, we sure needed it!

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Sharon, I always have my camera resolution set on high and reduce picture size in photobucket and/or MS image resizer, because I'd be worried that I would then get an awesome picture that I may want to blow up, but the quality wouldn't be there. With a higher resolution you can also crop pictures and not have them go blurry. At least this is the impression that I've had, but I suppose if you don't ever intend on printing any pictures, it wouldn't be an issue.

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laurie, you're absolutely right, you do lose quality when you do reduce compression.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES